Blacktail Deer Plateau With Baited Breath I scream for joy
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
So I work tomorrow wanted to get this up before then. Forward dated like 3 hours to February 8, 2015[size=x-small] @Lasher @Constantine @Eilidh @Casmir @Dante @Osprey Please let the puppies answer first and then Lasher before anyone else answers Thanks :D[/size]

The morning was dark and cool, when Blue woke with a start and looked around. There was an increase to her restlessness, one she couldn't avoid. She walked back and forth back and forth, occasionally stopping to dig at the ground in a way to relieve the tension and cater to her underlying instincts to nest. She moved pelts and herbs and all sorts of baubles all around, as she paced. The pain that riddled up her sides increased with every hour that ticked by. And with the first rays of dawn that peeked up out over their plateau caused her voice to lift in excitement, fear and pain. As she called for Lasher and the others of the plateau to let them know, their new lives would come soon enough.

She lay down panting, a soft moan escaping past lips of quiet. Her sides constricted and with a wet plop, and a feeling of lessening pain the first babe was born. Shifting her weight, she leaned over quickly grasping her first born child in her maw and licking away the placenta that littered his face and body. Licking him dry and warm. He was lanky with chocolate brown colored fur and a black mask hid his baby blue eyes when they would open, to change as time moved on. Her own black color encased his brown guard hairs. She pushed him to her stomach, where the teats were waiting to let him have sweet mothers milk.

She lay down panting and waited the pain sliding up her sides. As it increased within forty minutes it was time for another. Gripping her claws into the ground and moaning once again, but fighting not to move too much for fear of disturbing the baby that lay there. The same sickening plop and the alleviation of pain gave way to show a sunshine blonde maiden. Slight black hairs tipped her lovely sunny hued ears. Her face dainty and feminine, as blue licked her face and cut the cord, warming her and drying her. Blue pushed her towards her stomach as well. Breathing a soft sight of relief, she was fairly certain it was over, as the pains had quieted and the contractions too.

However, 40 minutes later she was surprised to find that her body was not done, and this child came quicker and smaller than the other two. Identical to his brother, this little boy was indeed much smaller. Blue was increasingly concerned and pulled him towards her quickly licking him fast and furiously begging all that was holy to spare him. He finally did gasp out and she pushed him to her teat, gently pushing the other two a little further down. This one would need more nourishment and more warmth. She smiled softly and howled one more time jubilantly after all was done and finally giving into exhaustion, she closed her eyes and slept hoping that Lasher would come soon enough. And they could name them together, their little angels.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
i gave until my soul hurt
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
The place where she had laid for the past two months held comfort, but there was another feeling. It was one that her newborn mind couldn't describe. A relentless feeling of escaping the place was the closest sentence that could convey her urge. Restless was another part of it, violently kicking her mother's belly in repeated failed escape attempts.

She had actually been resting for once when she was pushed out. That was fine by her, as long as she was out. Her mother quickly pushed her to her belly, and survival instincts kicked in. She latched onto a teat, suckling furiously while ignoring the other blobs of fur.
Trades
Caregiver (5/5) / Medic (1/10)
Naturalist (0/5) / Botanist (0/10)
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The warmth of the place was all that he had ever known. So the sensation of cold was not only foreign, but non-existent in his tiny little brain. That was the first thing he noticed about the new world, though. It was cold. The second thing he noticed was that he didn't like it.

Not much prodding and poking was needed to get him going. The boy flailed, feeling his body hoisted and moved by something. He made one soft noise but was otherwise quiet, preferring to feel around with his nose for something that he knew he needed. Innately he was aware of a need for something. He wasn't sure what it was.

The flailing persisted until he was warmed by the flicks of another something, a dry comforting something that slowly made him feel more content. It was then that he stilled a bit. Until he was moved again and he made another soft noise of protest. One that ended shortly at success, because the thing he had sought without understanding what it was was suddenly there.

The unnamed boy pressed forward into the heat that he felt, into the sweet smell. Blindly, he reached around with his mouth for what he knew had to be there. When he found it, he latched on ferociously and began to suck. The taste of the stuff that squirted into his mouth made his tail wag instinctively in pleasure.

He kneaded at the belly of his mother when the flow didn't satisfy, slowly drifting into sleep.

The boy didn't move again until something interrupted him, the motion of a head reaching back for another body. One that was placed near to him. He ignored it, it didn't matter. After all, he had what he wanted. Someday he would care, someday they would probably fight over the best spots.

A third body was brought to their sides and this one was also ignored. All was ignored in favor of the milk that was pouring down his throat and into his belly.

By the time his father would arrive, the boy was most assuredly passed out.
all you have is your fire
leave that old record spinning
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'verdana'; font-style: strong; font-size: 16px; color: #4d924d; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #99C199;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'lucida bright', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:20px'} </style>

There was the tightening around his body, the rippling of great muscles that grasped the child and propelled him ever downward, ever outward. He opened his mouth to protest, but was suddenly struck with cold — it was unwelcome.

He screamed.

The child cried out at the displacement as his mother's tongue washed over him, removing the flotsam of birth; he was not as loud as his dark brother or pale sister, but a primal strength took hold of him all the same, and he gave a small sound akin to a growl as he was tucked alongside the nearest teat, nestled near two other gasping, ravenous bodies.

Warmth surrounded him, filled him; he was adrift in the sensation of safety, though as he slipped into slumber, small clicks and whines emanated from his maw.

please send all PMs regarding garait & casmir to relmyna
[Image: casfoot.jpg]
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Gentium Basic'; font-style: strong; font-size: 16px; color: #4d924d; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #99C199;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Georgia', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:20px'} </style>

there was a father's apprehension in lasher as blue willow's call filtered through the cold greyness of morning; he paced through the powdery drifts, hackles raised against the apprehension racing throughout his slim form. so frequent were his steps that presently the expectant sire's pawmarks melted a thin trail in front of the willow-hung den.

his thoughts were with his lover's struggles, and with their children, but they were also with peregrine. in his mind he had made his peace with the dark panther; he wished naught but the greatest joy for the new litter that would surely spring betwixt himself and fox, and the ruby herself occupied a less malicious place in his heart.

at last, as the hours passed, taltos could take no more, and stepped carefully to the mouth of the den, chuffing lightly. the scent of birth and of milk and tiny things hung in the air; he lowered his belly to the cool earth and lay with shoulders and head inside the den.

they lay alongside their mother, and his heart swelled with pride and love for her, and affection for her labour. and pulling away for a moment, the man sang the news of vivid small lives unto his friends, unto his pack. in the next moment he had returned, lying beside the denmouth and peering into the darkness.

murkwater eyes traced first the pale and delicate form of the female child, and then he smiled at the slumbering bodies of his sons, dark as he was. they are beautiful, blue willow, he whispered, extending his muzzle to lick her hind paw. i would like to name her eilidh, he said of the gossamer child, and then he awaited the healer's words.

Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
short but I wanted to throw him in ^^
Feel free to go a few rounds before acknowledging him if you wish!

Dante came the instant Lasher's call sounded, a joy filling him as he realized at once what it meant. He had held little doubts that things would go smoothly, though really in part his lack of nervousness was also due to a lack of knowledge. The dangers of motherhood were far from his mind, and would likely remain so until he perhaps one day took a mate of his own.

His sense of decency was fully in tact though, and he knew better to intrude when he sensed the parents in the den. So he instead took a place outside the den, standing watchfully. Here he would remain until either invited inside or until one decided to emerge.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
naming the babies then the babes can join in again :D

Blue could hear as Lasher moved about outside, and she was infinitely pleased at his presence there. For a mere moment she thought of Atticus and she missed him and she would always love him. However, this time it didn't hurt as badly, it would always hurt.

Blue lifted green gaze as Lasher made his appearance known. She smiled at him softly and watched as his eyes traced the forms of her and the children. She did not say anything allowing him sometime to take it all in. She had had more time to do so, it was his turn now.

She listened as he uttered the pale femme's name and she smiled at it, it was beautiful she tilted her head. That's beautiful name what about Aria for her middle name. Eilidh Aria Mayfair? She would honor him by giving the children his last name. Without him she would not have such beautiful happiness at the moment. What about Constantine for this fellow? She nudged the oldest and largest of their sons. Would you like to give him a middle name? And Casmir for our littlest son? Since they are both alike as two blackberries She licked the smallest child gently, for fear that she may hurt him. Of course they should all have your last name. For without you I would not be as happy as I have ever been. She flicked him gently with her tail, making sure not to stir dust or dirt.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Gentium Basic'; font-style: strong; font-size: 16px; color: #4d924d; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #99C199;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Georgia', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:20px'} </style>

yes, he breathed to all of the names, joy flaring brightly in his breast at the thought that they would all carry his last name, the one the witches had granted him: mayfair of the glen. donnelaith. the large boy, constantine, and it was fitting. lasher nodded, eyes trained upon his strong son. and all at once the name came to him, the title of the first male witch whom he had ever loved. constantine julien mayfair, the beta male whispered, a smile curving his lips.

and the second of the males, smaller but seemingly no less vigorous. casmir. casmir llewellyn mayfair. constantine, casmir, and eilidh, the man murmured, and his eyes filled with delighted tears.

pulling from the den, he breathed in the cold air and waved his plume in invitation at the gunmetal alpha, who hovered nearby protectively. two sons and a daughter, lasher exulted, eyes shining toward dante.

315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
The large, furry body that provided warmth and food vibrated. Eilidh paused in her suckling, the teat still in her mouth. The vibrations stopped for a moment as her mother took a break from speaking to lick Casmir, albeit Eildih didn't know that. Another set of vibrations soon reappeared, but disappeared as quickly as they began. Deciding that she liked the vibrations, she started kneading Blue Willow's stomach with her paws. If that kept the milk flowing, would it keep the vibrations going?
Trades
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
As Blue willow's day of giving birth to her kids drew closer, Osprey was reminded of how she had not been present, when her brother's kids had arrived in this world. She had been sick, she had been unhappy and - in truth - she had not wanted to see their happiness overshadow the fact that Crete had disappeared without a sign. No one seemed to worry about him. But those feelings were left for the past - it was the present that mattered. Her friendship with Willow had remained and Osprey was determined to keep it that way. She had promised to be there for the birth of the kids.

Therefore she had not wandered anywhere far from the plateau during the last two weeks, keeping tabs of her friend from distance and waiting for the call. And today - as she had laid down to chew on an old bone, where the only tasty thing that was left were scraps of bone marrow - it came. Not once, but twice - first it was Willow's melodic voice and then came Lasher's proud one. She got to her feet immediately and made her way to the den quickly, slowing her step only, when Lasher's and Dante's familiar forms came into the view.

She approached the two, keeping herself calm and collected, respectful, yet the happy glint in her eyes gave away the excitement she felt. "What are the news?" she asked Lasher, having not heard him inform Dante before.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He did not listen to what was going on within the den, wanting to give the new parents their privacy. Instead he focused both on the surrounding area and his own thoughts. Thinking logistically, he was very glad that only the one litter would be born this spring. They had plenty of adults, but many of them were new, their places uncertain in the ranks. From Dante's experience, such wolves often came for a small amount of time only to move on soon after.

Deep in thought, Lasher's appearance startled the silver alpha. He recovered quickly, tail waving and a wide smile landing on his Beta. "Wonderful news! And Blue is well?" Before his question could be answered, another approached, and he turned to Osprey. "Three pups!" He exclaimed, then fell silent to let Lasher give the glad details. He did not want to overstep and steal the news. This was a parent's day.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled when she heard a soft murmuring of voices outside the den. She however kept her voice quiet, preferring to lay quietly. After all she was extremely tired now, her exhaustion outweighing most everything. The babes were probably exhausted as well. They had a big day today after all. She closed her eyes she would welcome company if Lasher came back or one of the others placed their head inside, but for the time being she'd get some rest.
Lurker
217 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Val cameo :D

There was a buzz in the air and the plateau felt alive. The change in atmosphere caught Valtýr by surprise, not understanding why this dawn was different than any other. He rose to his feet ad mingled towards the center of the plateau when he spotted a gathering outside Blue Willow's den.

The winter air was warm with new scents. Afterbirth, mother's milk, and new life... all faintly familiar to the still-young Sveijarn. He shuffled forward cautiously, stretching his neck out as long as possible to eavesdrop on the adults' conversation. 'Two sons and a daughter,' Lasher told those who had gathered. 'Three pups!' Dante exclaimed.

A small smile crept upon Val's brackish maw, his dark tail swishing to and fro with subdued glee. The Blacktail's newest members had been born.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
A name was nothing to one such as he, because it meant nothing to his closed ears and sealed eyes. Someday, he would bear it with pride and affection. Today the words passed over his young head and nothing was made of them in his heart. Though perhaps they seeped through into his bones and warmed him, perhaps they created a force already as to who he would become. As to what he would be.

Constantine Julien Mayfair, the name was said softly above his head and in that moment, it became home. The young named boy settled into a comfortable, warm sleep and ceased nursing as the auto-motion was shut off by a deeper slumber.

The boy would sleep and not react to the approach of others as they came with their congratulations for the new parents. He had, after all, had quite the exhausting day; being born was hard.
all you have is your fire
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony

dante was excited, and lasher reached to nudge the gunmetal shoulder gently. she is well. resting, as she should be, but magnificent. silver osprey arrived next, her pleasure palpable. two sons and a daughter, he repeated, his eyes alight with the beam upon his muzzle. eilidh, the girl, pale as moonlight, and the boys, constantine and casmir, twins of one another.

glancing between the two of them, the beta's tail beat a furious rhythm in the air; he longed to go to her now, to curl 'round the curved dark body and watch their children slumber, but he wished to share also in the joy of his most beloved pack.

1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"That's wonderful news!" Osprey smiled and looked at Lasher, who was beaming proudly. And he had a good reason too - having three descendants in place of one or none at all - was a great thing. She would have preferred to have more girls than boys in the litter, but then again Fate knew, what it was doing. It was also good to know that Blue willow was doing well too, because as the time for her had come nearer, Osprey was reminded of Pied and, how she had never lived long enough to see her kids grow up.

With the corner of her eye she caught sight of another visitor, who had decided to remain standing in a distance. Osprey turned her head to see, who it was, but did not recognize the face. Probably, one of the newcomers. She looked at him for a bit, then returned to Lasher and said: "Congratulations to you both!"
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Last post for me. :)

Her previous want was quickly forgotten. The events of the day caught up to her. There were currently only three needs for her: food, warmth, and sleep. The need to sleep now overwhelmed the only female of the litter. But, the instinct to feed was also still present. So, the Eilidh tried to suckle and doze at the same time. It didn't work. She ended up falling asleep with the teat still in her mouth.
Trades
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Fine names for undoubtedly fine children. "I am sure they are beautiful, and I hope to meet them soon!" For now, though, he did not wish to keep the father away should Blue need him. Besides, he was willing to bet Lasher was ready to return to the little ones. Dante had only been outside the den a short time before Lasher emerged, so he couldn't have had much time to appreciate them.

"But I think another day, yes? Undoubtedly Blue Willow needs her rest." It was instinctual, the aversion to seeing them this day, for it would he felt be an intrusion. The parents would be protective, even against packmates, and he did not wish to put them in that position just yet.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
last post from me :)

lasher too turned to young valtyr, beaming happily at the boy. osprey and dante were granted his continued attentions, however — he made to press his cheek against each one of theirs in turn before nodding to his silver alpha. they will be ready for visitors soon enough, the beta murmured, before warmly beholding the two and turning to duck under the willowed overhang. tonight, the den would be warm with tiny new lives and the scent of milk.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Last post

Blue heard Lasher come back and lifted heavy head to look with bleary eyes. She blinked offered him a smile, and then laid her head back to her paws. Far too tired to really show him the proper greeting, but she at least had an excuse. She soon enough knew no more as she drifted of to sleepy town.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: last post from me too.

Happy about the good news Osprey felt that there wasn't left much to be said. "I will come for a visit another day," she told Lasher, before he disappeared in the den to be with his family. That is, if you let me. Then she cast a side-glance at Dante, dipped her muzzle politely instead of a goodbye and soon was gone.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante simply nodded, then watched with a pride of his own as Lasher went back in to be with his new, tiny family. He couldn't be happier, at that moment, to be leader of such an amazing group. Returning Osprey's gesture of farewell, he watched her go, then went a short distance away before lying down. Here he would remain for a while, ensuring the family was undisturbed and mulling over his own thoughts.

It was such an amazing thought that soon there would again be small ones tumbling and playing about the Plateau. He could not wait to meet them, but would give some time before intruding on Blue Willow. She would have enough on her paws in the days to come.