Stavanger Bay thrice fooled (joining!)
250 Posts
Ooc — Kae
ooc: B) I believe this is how you do it? Also, it's going to be hard adjusting to past tense again, forgive me if I miss a few! Boy howdy am I rusty.

The sea.

Yes, that was what he needed. The wind in his fur, the sun on his face. He was a tired wolf, you see, and felt older than he was. The change was nice, and already he smelled the salt in the air. All around him, winter marched on with the determination that only the seasons posses. And though his determination was a fair bit lesser, Aesop wanted to live by the sea.

The sea held a certain allure, for him. Something about the vastness, the thrill of the unknown standing just on his doorstep. It was all so... romantic. Yes, that was it. The romance of the open blue, of suns setting on a placid, green ocean. Every good story begins or ends at the ocean. Whether it was the former or the latter that would hold true for him was yet to be seen, but it was Aesop's firm belief that no matter what, his story was a good one.

With a great sense of finality bearing down on his shoulders, Aesop planted himself on the ground a respectable distance from the marked pack borders. He lifted his head skyward and announced his presence and his desire to join them, if they would have him.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
hey there. Names Xandir, pleasure ta meet you. Going for Warden in this one, and maybe a friend. W_^V

Cry had been one with the Bay for quite some time, though it was well spent. Assuring himself of food limits, chasing off whelps who were only trying to steal the barely touched reserves they kept, and staring at the beauty of the salt water mass that was their own coastline.
Something he found himself quite find of.

Cry, however, didn't know there was another would nearby, and only ruffled his scruff at the call made by the borders.
Then, got up, and went to investigate the origin.

'At least this one has a bit of sensibility to ring the bell first,' he murmured to himself.
'Or else, that would've been bad timing for them.'

Ebony fur waved in the light wind that blew primarily from the sea, and frosty irises gazed out to the mysterious figure who waited patiently at the edge of the border. A light pelted man, an older fellow, who's face, marred by several scars, held deeply set and humble gems of darkened emeralds. Hefty in weight, but not overbearing in a peaceful poise.
The cold but non hostile stare examined the man before him, the lupine who knocked upon the door of the Bay, and desired an answer.
So Cry gave him one.

"You rang?"
250 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Hi! Nice to meet you!

Aesop was pleased to find that he would not be kept waiting. Though it was a warm day for mid January, there was a thick fog settled on the valley, and the winds were still. The fog made him anxious, though he'd never admit it. Having to wait would have been unpleasant indeed.

Then, through the trees and undergrowth, a dark form emerged, shadows and piercing eyes. Aesop held his position, polite but alert, studying the other wolf as he approached. Then he spoke, and Aesop nodded, allowing the slightest of smiles to grace him. Now closer, he studied the other male at length, and decided he liked what he saw, if it's an indicator of the sort of individuals he would be meeting. Large and scarred, apparently capable, if build is any indicator of ability.

"That I did," he returned, smile turning wry, "as I said, I'm lookin' for a home, if ya'll will have me." Aesop fidgeted in place, unable to leave it at just that, "I ain't from around here, not by a long shot, but I've got skills and experience that ya'll may find useful." There, he thought, that was good. He would accept himself, were he a leader.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Cry was a calm wolf by nature, so excitement of a potential new face was not seen on the outside, however the smidge of happiness was down there, somewhere, in the void like depths that composed the shadow prince.
The ghost of a smile felt itself on his lips, and with hidden caution, but assured confidence, he spoke again.

"You have a bit more to tell me on your skills, I hope? You can't just give bare minimum, when I can't be affirmed on your loyalty."

Cry felt it would be very worthwhile of his time if the older man told more than just basics. More descriptions. After all, when putting yourself into the pack that may be the last youre in, more than just a couple sentences were neccessary.
His did give the older man props though, he was comfortable, though not too comfortable, while still being respectful.
That in itself gave him points.

"This is Stavanger Bay. I am Cry, a member of this pack, though I'm sure I didn't need to tell you that. Tell me exactly why it would assist the Bay, to accept you."

Cry recalled the man telling him a gist of his origin. A southern man, perhaps? He had a Southern uncle, a man who he had only met once in his life, nefpre he was whisked away by a demented god father.
Shaking himself of the memory, Cry returned his vigilance to the current situation.
250 Posts
Ooc — Kae
apologies for the short response, i started up classes again today and i'm wiped!
"Stavanger Bay, huh? I like that. Good name, manly as fuck." Aesop nodded, clearly pleased with it. "Nice to meet you, Cry. Name's Aesop."

Now here he grinned, wild and friendly and clearly so pleased. "It'd be my pleasure," he exclaimed, like he's been given a gift.

"If you can't tell, I'm built, pretty physically able," and virile, he added privately, "and am able to hunt and protect your land well enough, if that's all ya'll need. But I'm good at damn near anything I try, and I've seen shit. I've been places, done things, and I know a whole damn lot. Years lend wisdom, y'know? So I'll give you all I have to offer, so long as I get the same from the pack."

Fair enough, he thought. Years and years of wisdom in exchange for a home was a fair trade in his eyes. Maybe his description wasn't very... humble, but Cry wasn't asking for humble, he was asking for honesty. Or at least, so Aesop thought.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Ah, its fine. We all have lives. :)

Cry could only grin at the response he got on the name of the pack. At least he had humor, and that was something he appreciated. A shard of amusement breaks through the ice of his frozen irises.

"Same to you, Aesop."

Cry listened now, more attentively than before, more intrigued with what the elder man had to say.
When someone actually captured his awareness, he gave them more props than an average joe.

Sizing the tan hued man up, he remarked on his stature comment, the sentence seeming painfully obvious,

"Yea, you're not all that wimpy, old timer. If we ever had to spar, you just might win."

Cry had no issue with giving compliments, as long as it didn't fill the company's mind with overabundance in confidence. He hated the haughty, and chastised the conceited with swift and merciless fangs. They all had to learn their place.
More listening, and less talking on his part.

Able to hunt and protect your land,Years lend wisdom stood out particularly to the man, and a ghost of a smile dashed across his features.
Respect heightened for the cream pelted giant.

"Good. Able bodies and loyalty. All you need."

Again, the silence constricted the man, but getting words out was a triumph, and no longer uncomfortable in the presence of this brute.

"I will call for Thistle, she's the Alphess, and the only one who can give you the green on this matter. You, have passed my test, Aesop."

With a phantom like smirk, he added, "Congratulations."
And swiped it clear, but with less formality, he asked,

"Is there anything else you need to tell me, Aesop?"
250 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Ah, there it was, a smile. So the other wolf appreciated a joke? Duly noted, Aesop thought, and committed it to memory. He would hate to settle down on a coast that never laughed, not when he came from a sunny, happy south.

And Aesop is doubly impressed with the attentiveness paid to him, especially when he got so... loquacious. At this point, he was taking Cry's behavior as an indicator of the climate of the rest of the pack, for better or for worse. For better, because he liked what he was being met with.

"Now I know you're just tryin' to flatter me," he replied humbly, though he was clearly pleased. "But I'll take it, don't hear much of that lately." And he smiled, genuine and easy. Unfettered.

And smiled and nodded, pleased by the news that he'd at least passed one test. "Thistle, huh? Another good name, ya'll are great at that up here," Aesop noted, then nodded again, "thanks, Cry. Appreciate you comin' out here to greet me n'all."

There was a moment's hesitation, something like a pause as he thought on Cry's question. "Anything? Probably, but if there is I can't think of it right now." His smile turned wry and he shrugs, and that's all he seemed to have to say on the matter.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
The company accepted the compliment, and properly.
He would have to remember that about this guy. Especially cinsidering that he hasn't seen any of the packmates recently, leading the man to believe the pack was a ghost town.

Throwing up his slender head, he sent up the word for @Thistle Cloud , a declaration of a new members intrest in the possible home.
A slight second after the howl went up, Cry actually hoped the best for this man.

He then sat, awaiting the prescence of the Alphess
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle was patrolling and hunting when she heard the howl sent up. Had it come up a few days prior she would have been surprised, but the amount of influx no longer surprised her. So tilting her head, she started towards it. She came to stand before the male Cry and a larger male.

Shifting small petite form, she studied the other male closely. He was a large gentleman, though truth be told most wolves were larger than she. She was a tiny she wolf. There were scars across his muzzle, giving him a distinguished air. She stood still with head tilted and eyes brightly blue waiting.

She then turned towards Cry, Hello Cry. She turned back towards the man, I'm Thistle Cloud Loðbrók, Thistle to most. How may I Help you?
250 Posts
Ooc — Kae
The moments lapsed in silence as the two men waited. He watched impassively as Cry called for his leader, though as time ticked on afterward, Aesop started to feel nervous.

Soon enough she appeared, a delicate looking slip of a woman, eyes sharp and piercing. Though his first reflex was to dismiss her as weak, it was only a first reflex, and once his true thoughts kicked in, he was privately ashamed. And embarrassed, because letting one's guard down in front of a stranger, especially one with an entire wolf pack at her disposal, is not wise.

Aesop nodded a greeting and lowered himself, doing his best to pay his respects. "Charmed," he returned, smiling politely, "charmed and delighted, Thistle. I was hopin' I might be able to join this pack, since ya'll seem to have a good thing going. Now Cry here can brief you on what I've got to offer as well as I can, now that we've had our own chat, but I'd be pleased to do the same for you." This he said with practiced ease, as though it was a routine he was used to.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
The night prince sent a nod of greeting to her, the affirmation and acknowledgement of her greeting to him.
He had done quite enough talking for today, but respectfully, he murmmered her name in turn as greet.

"Thistle."

Both of them faced the light sand hued brute, the action done in unison. Then the Alphess spoke he words to him, leaving him as a spectator, or body guard in case the man had a random sliver of thought to take advantage of the smaller russets frame.
Not saying it would happen, for he had grown a bit fond if the elder southernman.

After Aesop spoke of reference to him, Cry nodded in agreement, because what e said was quite a mouthful. Sure, he could sum it up, but the dark man had no idea whether she wanted the tan wolf to speak for himself or not.
He nodded to Thistle however, indication that he is unwed hear te becoming a of this man.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle listened and tilted her ears forward and spoke softly How about you tell me your name first? She said the first with a bit of a jest and laughter in her voice. He had not told her his name. Then you can tell me your own qualifications if you don't mind. She shifted and settled to her haunches and waited.

Had the other thought of attacking her, though she was certain he was not threat. She had cry there, as well as her own teeth and claws. She would mess him up in her own right. She was no wilting wall flower so to speak.
250 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Aesop smiled sheepishly, looking suitably embarrassed (though not quite feeling it. He never liked to give his name unbidden if he could help it.)

"Course," he replied, playing the good sport, "name's Aesop, and I certainly don't mind. I'm strong, though I avoid a fight when I can. But most of all, I've got years behind me, years that have taught me a shi- a whole lot. Been places, seen things, and all that knowledge I'm willin' to share. And, so long as ya'll are deservin' of it, I have no problem giving my loyalty."

He wasn't smiling any more, since this was Serious Business, but when he was done he nodded politely at Thistle. Any real thoughts of attacking the woman were fleeting and unbidden, similar to the sorts of thoughts one feels at the top of a great drop. The urge to jump is there, but it's always only an urge.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Cry sorry to skip you but it's a joining thread. Please feel free to jump in again. <3

Thistle smiled at his sheepish smile and shook her head. Well met Aesop. Another smile caused her maw to twitch at his clear stop from swearing. She could share some curse words with the best of them in all honesty and her husband knew that very well. She didn't say anything just listened at first. Those are admirable qualities. I think we can find a place for you. Welcome to the bay Aesop
250 Posts
Ooc — Kae
i'm gonna wrap this up here, if you don't mind?

Well met indeed, he thought, pleased to see that Thistle wasn't quite a stickler when it came to watching your tongue. That, or she thought it was funny to watch him trip over himself. Either way, he couldn't find it in himself to be offended, she seemed kind enough and he thought that she would be easy to respect. Thistle ingratiated herself a bit more, too, with both the welcome and the compliment. "Thanks," he replied, a bit awkwardly, "It's a- uh- an honor, really. You're runnin' a tight ship here. I like it."

Aesop nodded in approval and, once he was dismissed and could excuse himself politely, he did just that with a quick goodbye to both Cry and Thistle. His journey had been long and he could feel the exhaustion in his bones, but he was home.