Blacktail Deer Plateau Content with the world
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Mommy baby daddy time? @Constantine @Casmir @Eilidh @Lasher

It was a repetitive thing the first few days of having babies. It was eat sleep bathe eat sleep bathe. She did however enjoy watching them as they tumbled and rolled over top of each other. Each one fighting for a space and a place to drink sweet mothers milk. Lasher was amazing as always attentive and a great father as she knew he would be. These children were definitely lucky at least Blue felt so. She wished Peregrine was here to see them, but well he had made his choice. She imagined if he had shown up, Dante would not have told him no. After all he knew how close Blue and Perry were.

Today she licked the little ones gently across the head as they nursed occasionally blowing warm air on them. Just a small way to pass the time and play with them. It was enjoyable to see their reactions to new things, especially since they couldn't see yet.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He was bigger than some things, smaller than others. This concept - if not the words themselves - had begun to manifest itself in his brain. When he moved around the world, he sometimes ran into things that he could climb onto and over. Other things, he couldn't. This was a learning curve that had let him understand Milk Comfort (his mother) and Dry Comfort (his father) over In-The-Way-1 (his sister) and In-The-Way-2 (his brother). The latter two, he could rise up and over. The former two, he could not.

Today he was awake and curious, not hungry but also not sleeping for once. He raised his head to the blow of his mother's breath and scented at it, familiar and comforted by the scent. His little tail wagged and he moved toward it, pushing ever forward even as he ran into In-The-Way-2 who blocked his path to the face he sought. Constantine mewled in protest and kept barreling forward, certain that ITW2 would either move or he would eventually make his way over.
all you have is your fire
i gave until my soul hurt
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
I love your writing style for Constantine with the names for his family, Harper! ^-^

This new world had taken some getting used to at the start, but now things fell into a routine, and the four days in this new world had blurred by. She hardly even remembered any differences. The womb had also became a faint memory already, one that would quickly disappear. Other things, like the feeding, the scents, the warmth, and others that were constant, got remembered. Although she didn't have a name for them, there were two larger bodies that smelled similar yet different, as well as two smaller bodies with the same concept of scent.

A new event was introduced to her today. It involved her sense of touch. It was like the other senses of touch, but lighter. When she tried to squirm towards it to touch it, she couldn't find it. But, that wouldn't spoil the joy it brought. The breath tickled, although Eilidh didn't know that word. Her mouth stretched ever-so-slightly into a smile; it was almost undetectable.
Trades
Caregiver (5/5) / Medic (1/10)
Naturalist (0/5) / Botanist (0/10)
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
u all are awesome!

<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Gentium Basic'; font-style: strong; font-size: 16px; color: #4d924d; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #99C199;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Georgia', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:20px'} </style>

constantine was by far the most daring of the trio, pushing roughly against casmir to reach blue willow. lasher, curled on the opposite side of the den, reached out a paw to curl his larger boy toward him, though his eyes were warm upon fine-boned eilidh and dainty casmir. they are so beautiful, blue willow, he blurted, tail thumping once behind him.

leave that old record spinning
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
— the smallest, casmir vied against his sister and his brother, the latter of whom loomed dangerously large, the former of which dominated his will to live with her own. by sheer force they pushed him away from the breast, shoved him to the bottom of their hierarchy. only the life-giver's attentiveness had saved the boy thus far, that and the bright spark of ferver burning brightly in his soul.

he squalled at the abuse of his brother, blunt muzzle swinging shakily around. toothless gums parted but he could not grab hold of his twin, and at once constantine was drawn away. casmir began to squirm toward his mother, chuffing with indignation.—
please send all PMs regarding garait & casmir to relmyna
[Image: casfoot.jpg]
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow was still pleasantly surprised at the way Constantine moved about. He was probably their most daring child. And he would be the dominant boy as time wore on. It was the way of things though, there always had to be a dominant child. She smiled at his tail wag and leaning over so she could place her face closer to his she licked his tiny muzzle gently, letting him know she was there.

Blue chuckled softly at Eilidh's sweet face. She blew into her face again gently, teasing her gently. Hopefully tickling her causing her some joy. She nosed gently across the little girls graceful back and licked her ears. She was so tiny, but already strong.

Blue smiled at Lasher and licked his paw as he reached for Constantine. They are we make beautiful strong children. Good for us. Her tail thumped behind her happily. She enjoyed his presence just as much as she enjoyed the babes. She was happy and content and in love with her little family.

Blue watched Casmir for a moment. She knew they were not to have a favorite and she didn't really. She did however pay him more attention, because he needed it. Often it warred against her instincts to save him, but she fought against them and prevailed. Always making sure even at the abuse of his siblings that he had milk and warmth. He would grow strong and healthy if she had her way. And there was a spark inside him that burned brighter than one she had ever seen. He was a survivor and she hoped it would burn ever bright.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Aw, thanks Sydney. :D

-------------------------

The suffering if ITW2 was completely missed by the swarthy boy, who persisted in his forward momentum with nose outstretched in the air for his mother. He felt his tail wag even wilder when her tongue collided with his cheek, a crooned sound escaping his maw. His efforts intensified: he wanted to be nearer to her. He kept going until a paw curved around him to put up a fence between him and his brother. Then it pulled him away and he squalled a protest.

He recognized the scent: Dry-Comfort. His body pressed into the paw instead, tiny mouth working its way over the paw pads of his father's foot, tasting and exploring in the best way a puppy could. His senses were growing and learning; little did he know there were two senses he hadn't even discovered yet.

Those were for a different day.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh's tail wriggled a little as her mother kept up with the blowing, and even introduced touching and licking into the routine. The touch and the lick were good things, for they brought comfort. She instinctively knew those were good without needing to learn that. Her mother stopped for a moment as she paid attention to her brothers. Eilidh didn't like that one bit. She let out as loud of a cry as she could muster, demanding her mother's attention to be brought back to her.
Trades
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Gentium Basic'; font-style: strong; font-size: 16px; color: #4d924d; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #99C199;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Georgia', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:20px'} </style>

taltos was content to remain still and allow constantine the exploration of his pawpad, even turning it somewhat so the boy was granted more details. he beamed upon blue willow, loving her maternal glow and basking in the knowingness of motherhood. casmir also was favored with a wondering glance, but he knew that between the two of them, they would tend the child well. when will their eyes open? taltos inquired in innocent ignorance.

745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
— casmir, now tired, paused in his struggle toward his mother. often shoved aside by constantine and even eilidh, his fate was held by the dotage of his sire and dam. had resources been slim, then perhaps the boy would have been left to die, or more mercifully slain by a member of the pack. as it was, the dark child was fierce, though little, and once more with bobbing muzzle he sought out the warm embrace of blue willow.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue giggled at the small pup in Lasher's larger paw. His tiny paws against his father's, it was adorable and she would never forget that image. Blue smiled at the little girl, she likes her attention doesn't she. She's almost demanding it. Blue chuckled and continued playing with both Eilidh and Casmir. She gently tugged at Eilidh's ears and little legs. Blew some air in her face and nuzzled her gently with her own nose.

Blue paused to think about his next question, Anywhere from 11-15 days after birth. So it could be 8-12 days now. I imagine it will be sooner than we think. She smiled then and nudged his muzzle gently.

Blue shifted and pulled Casmir closer gently, licking him just as gleefully as she licked the other two. She nudged him and blew on him as well. She knew that Eilidh would not like it, but all three deserved her attention equally.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Oblivious to the needs of others - and he wouldn't have cared if he had known, not at this age - the boy kept mouthing at the thing in front of him. It tasted different: salty was the word he did not know to describe it. Milk was sweet, fur was soft and mostly tasteless to his mouth, but this was... different. Hardened and salty and tasting also of the earth that he had examined before with his tiny maw. The thing moved, letting him examine its contours with interest.

A rumble overhead appealed and he tipped his head back, mouthing at the whiskers of his father's face as he tried to locate the source of the vibration. Plus, there were different smells/tastes up there too. There was something else his nose sensed and he wanted to explore it further: the mouth of his father. It sounded/smelled/should taste good, he thought.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh let out a happy squeak as her mother started to blow on her again. This time, it was accompanied by various body parts being tugged on. There were a few breaks in the procedure as attention was directed towards her youngest brother. They were acceptable, but not favorable.

Eilidh's mind was still ruled by the basic instincts of surviving. All she knew was that she had to eat and stay warm. She ate milk, which came from her mom. Warmth was produced by both of her parents. Her two siblings were warm at times, albeit not as warm as the adults as they couldn't regulate their body temperature yet. A new sense of joy was invading the instincts, but her brothers didn't give her joy yet. If they randomly disappeared this moment, she couldn't have cared less.
Trades
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony

eilidh amused him; he chuckled at his tiny daughter. to blue willow's observation he gave a soft nod, watching all of them fondly. it would not be long, though she had mentioned several days' time. i wonder what they will make of their world, he mused aloud, dipping muzzle to encourage constantine's explorations.

745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
last post for cas here!

— casmir squalled as blue willow pulled him into her embrace, lifting his tiny muzzle to search for her kisses and the warmth of her sweet breath. suddenly overcome with the exhaustion wrought by his trek toward his mother, casmira yawned widely and slumped between her forelegs, curling his small and delicate body in her embrace as sleep found him.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue couldn't stop the giggle that wrought her frame as she watched Constantine exploring everything his father had to offer at the moment. It was adorable, she brushed soft muzzle across the back of Casmir as he curled up against her. So tiny, but so strong. She smiled, and licked the top of Eilidh's head. I hope they like it. Was all she said to Lasher's quiet question. She leaned over and continued to play with their daughter.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
last post for me!

He too chuckled, and watched fondly as his small family alternately napped and played, a wellspring of love opening deep in his breast.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
I'm going to wrap this up.

Although she wouldn't have realized it at this age, Eilidh was lucky to have such a wonderful family. There were many pups out there who didn't grow up with a mother or father, or simply didn't get the attention they deserved. While she couldn't realize her luck, she could easily comprehend the feeling of love they transferred to her as she played and napped.
Trades