The Sunspire Sunshine and whiskey
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
@Sumayl since our other one is pretty well wrapped? I have no idea where this is going but I felt like it :P whenever you have time, this doesn't have any specific place in her timeline

As was per usual this last week, Vienna was wandering with her nose in every nook and cranny from here to the mountain base. She was bound and determined to find out where Mallaidh had stashed her stuff and (though she could have probably just asked another who might know) she had made a sort of game out of the search. Find entertainment where you could, right?

Her search was twofold this time, though. She was actually hoping to run into Sumayl as well, as she had a question for him that she kept forgetting to ask. Typical enough of her. She knew he'd probably be hanging out where the preybeasts roamed, so instead of poking around her usual areas, she trotted down towards the more level ground of the pine forests.

Since she'd gotten to feeling better she'd spent more time in her usual wanderings which meant less time around him. In no way was that a bad thing (she was so happy to be mobile again!) but it was an unfortunate side effect. At least this way he too could focus more on outward things and feel less obligated to hang with her. Not that her company was an obligation, of course, she thought with a snort. She was a delight to be around.

Smiling to herself, she continued to search, every so often stopping to glance around, hoping to see a familiar figure appear.
98 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Vienna had been recovering what seemed like quickly now to Sumayl, which as the golden Ostrega had noticed as well, given them less time together than they'd had previously when she'd been bedridden and he had stopped by periodically through the day, bringing her food, keeping her company despite that in the evenings he would return to her to her den that he supposed now was their shared den. They were a couple now and having a home together, or rather a “private” home feeling that the den lent since technically The Sunspire pack was their home and considered that way they had shared a home together long before their status as couple, wasn't what Sumayl would consider out of the norm in any way. Even so, Sumayl would never take from Vienna her freedom, nor her mobility. He knew she loved to adventure — it was one of the things he loved about her (she was able to keep him on his toes that way!) — and the narcissistic beast would never take something she loved so passionately from her. In reality, he encouraged it, oft tagging along because there was very little that Sumayl wasn't down for doing. He was not as spontaneous as his girl but he tried his best to keep up with her. As long as she returned to him at the end of the day, happy and happy to be with him, then those were all that mattered to him.

He had not spoken to Jace much after the meeting he had forced them to have, still a little surprised that it had gone as well as it had. Sumayl had expected much worse from Vienna's brother, especially since neither man had gotten along well any of the previous times they had attempted to have a conversation with one another, and Sumayl had been more or less telling him that he desired to be Vienna's mate and though he wished for Jace's acceptance of their relationship that he wasn't going to beg. Jace had accepted it (if not with a bit of begrudging) and for that Sumayl was grateful. Knowing that Vienna wanted Jace to be apart of their future — it was not something that she had to tell him, Sumayl was hardly ignorant and picked up on things rather quickly — it certianty made things a hell of a lot easier on Sumayl. Sumayl might not have agreed with the idea of Jace being a leader (he still didn't) if only because there were qualities about Jace that Sumayl did not like to see in leadership he respected the male enough to try to be a bigger man (though mostly because he also had no choice or say in the matter).

Sumayl had been keeping his eye closely upon the herds around The Sunspire lately, spending most of his time tracking, following them to see their migrating patterns and keeping a mental inventory of where they were and how long they tended to linger there, picking out the weakest of the herds and cataloging them into his target category of his mind. The Ostrega's logical and strategical mind was built for keeping track of such things and likely one of the reasons he was such a skilled hunter. He did not presume to think that being a Gamekeeper was all about the actual hunting because it wasn't. There was so much more involved and it was tracking and monitoring the herds as if he were a Shepard and them his sheep that Sumayl focused heavily upon. The hunting part was the easiest; the part of his unofficial job that anyone could do. Of course no one could be as perfect at it as he was, but you know, everyone else was average at it.

It was a herd of Elk that had lingered just on the outskirts of of the other side of The Sunspire that the pack inhabited that Sumayl was observing now, sitting high on a perfect perch that the Sunspire lent him high enough that he could see them perfectly over the trees and that they could not detect the predator that watched them closely from afar. It was a fairly big herd, the clicking of their joints heard by the Ostrega even from this distance as they ambled together, calling out to one another though for the most part contently grazing. A few were pregnant, tell tale by the hormones they put off, the scent distinct and transcendent of species. The details he could not see from so high so he relied heavily upon his sense of smell and hearing.

Leisurely, Sumayl stood and stretched deciding that for now, he would let them eat in peace. This would give them a continued false sense of security and it would give him time to form a plan, though he still had to get close enough to observe them by sight, to see their weakest be it a newborn or a sickly elder, or even a cripple. As he descended the scent of the pregnant females in the herd grew stronger, reminding Sumayl that it was about that season. Wolves could mate at any time that a female went into heat which did not seem to have a set season but for most animals the cusp of winter seemed to be it. It reminded Sumayl of what, someday, the ex-playboy wanted out of life; despite that being in a committed relationship before Vienna had scared him — though it was the love his parents, his biological parents had shared that had kept him, subconsciously, looking for the woman that would make him want to retire the wild playboy side in favor of something much more stable and lasting. He had not came to The Sunspire expecting to fall in love but there was no denying that it had happened, regardless.

Something caught Sumayl's attention out of the corner of his eye as he padded around the pines, putting distance between the elk herd and himself, depicting Vienna's scent quickly. Immediately, his path was diverted and he headed directly towards her as if she were the gravitational force pulling him to her. “Vienna!” He called out to her, a Casanova-esque grin tugging at the edges of his lips. “You were looking for me?” Except it had been spoken as a statement as opposed to a question. It was a ridiculous assumption to make for there was nothing that said she wasn't simply enjoying her re-found mobile freedom; but then again Sumayl's world revolved largely around himself and the narcissist couldn't help but make everything about himself — or almost everything, at any rate. Somewhere along the line Vienna had became the other thing Sumayl's world revolved around, nudging her way into the spotlight that Sumayl had selfishly and largely hogged.

<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Vienna spotted her quarry not too long into her search, an automatic grin coming on when she set eyes on him. It was second nature, her day just getting that much brighter anytime he happened to be in it.

Some might have been nervous or hesitant in her place. After all, she hadn't been away from home long, nor was she -that- old yet. She had little experience in relationships (ie none) and he was one of the first suitable males she had ever encountered, let alone had interest in. Perhaps she should have worried that she hadn't experienced enough, seen enough of the world and what it had to offer. But Vienna wasn't a worrier, formed connections fast, and once she did, they rarely if ever faded. She knew what she wanted and, when she saw it, she didn't let it pass her by.

Even her brother and his relationship she was no longer letting bother her. So long as they were cordial to one another and did not make her choose sides, she let it rest as it was without interference. It would have been ideal had they been friends, but sometimes two individuals didn't get along. That they were willing to get past it for her was amazing, so she gave them the benefit of the doubt on that account.

He was cocky as ever, and she danced over, giving a small nuzzle and a lick to his cheek. His grin was too adorable (though 'adorable' was likely not what he'd like to hear of it). "You aren't wrong, though if you could tell why, then I'd be impressed!" Her eyes went to the herd behind him, but they were so far away she hadn't bothered to keep her voice below a normal speaking level. "How's the prey running?" It was an impressive group.
98 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
So since Suma had to be a turd and ruin the whole thing with Jace (lol xD) anything I may have typed about that should be disregarded. xDDD

It had became quickly apparent to Sumayl that Jace and him would never get along. They were too different. Jace came off to Sumayl as if everyone was his enemy (or perhaps it was just Sumayl) and though Jace yelled that Sumayl took offense to everything Jace said to Sumayl Jace appeared to have it rather backwards. Sumayl wanted to work out their issues with one another but every time he tried Jace turned it around on Sumayl and spat and went off on tangents about how Sumayl was. Suma knew very well how he acted and didn't need anyone to tell him about it. After all, most of the time it was intentional. Sumayl wasn't an asshole to his family, or to Vienna. Then again he cared about his family and currently Jace was not included in that grouping. At this point, Sumayl wasn't sure Vienna's brother could ever be considered in that grouping. Sumayl didn't lie and through his confrontational nature liked to address things face to face with others — admittedly without much consideration for their feelings but still. At least he was man enough to do it. Then again, there was only one thing on the earth that Sumayl truly feared and unless Jace could shoot fire out of his ass Sumayl wasn't likely to fear him any time soon.

Sumayl was just glad that Vienna and Jace were not a package deal sort of thing. He could barely tolerate Jace as it was, though it was not for a lack of trying. Sumayl couldn't help but realize the position this put him in. The Sunspire was his home and Vienna was his girl but how well would he continue to do in The Sunspire with Jace as Beta once more? Especially given that they did not get along. Sumayl wasn't going to take the brunt of some petty grudge just because Jace had the power to influence Amekaze. He would leave The Sunspire in a heartbeat because he felt sure that Jace would always be favored over him, after all Sumayl wasn't anything more than a bottom scraping asshole. Where he would go and if he could even convince Vienna to go with him he didn't know. He had no immediate plans of leaving but it was a possibility and one that he had to face.

He wasn't going to put up with Jace's bullshit just because Jace was a leader and Sumayl was supposed to kiss his ass and worship the ground he walked on for the fear of being kicked out. Wasn't that how most wolves of power believed? It certainly seemed the case to Sumayl. He supposed in Jace's shoes he'd be pissy too but at the same time Sumayl was always willing to work out differences whereas Jace seemed to throw a pissy fit like a spoiled five year old.

Putting the thoughts of Jace out of his mind Sumayl offered Vienna a cheeky grin when she moved closer gave his cheek a nuzzle and lick. “To talk to me?” He inquired with a rise of a brow. It was the most logical conclusion he could come too, though for what reason he did not know. A million reasons ran through his mind, his most recent altercation with Jace coming to the forefront of his mind for he had recently been stewing upon it as he'd headed in her direction away from the grazing herd. “Well,” Sumayl responded turning away from her for a moment to glimpse at the herd he could not see over his shoulder. Still, he could hear them in the distance. “I hope they hang around long enough for me to bring one down before they get too far from the Sunspire.” If not then he'd simply have to travel. Not that such a thing was, by any means, a travesty.

350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
been playing Vienna like she knows nothing about that anyway ;) so it's all good. I dunno if jace/Suma would have told her

She considered for a moment, then finally nodded. "Alright, I'll let you have it. A little vague but i guess it works." She said with a laugh behind the words. "A little telling and a little asking, actually. I'll try not to keep you too long." She didn't want to take his attention away from the food for too long, though they didn't seem intent on going anywhere anytime soon. "I think I'm gonna try for healer, see if it's something I like. We need one and technically I can still enjoy a good story without being a chronicler."

She bit her lip lightly, wondering what his reaction would be to her giving up a trade she had aspired to for the good of others. Jace had taken it without argument, but Sumayl was a little less apt to hide how he felt. She loved that about him, since it meant she always knew where they stood, but she knew in this instance he might think her decision stulid. Not that that would change it any, of course.

"Which brings me to the question; in your hunting, have you met anyone who is or might know a healer? I want to find someone to teach me outside the pack. I already spoke with Ame" and Jace, though she didn't say, "and she agrees."

She hoped he agreed with her choice, even if it was a little conforming. If she hated it she'd back out of course, but a part of her did wonder if she would take to healing. She had always assumed not before. While she didn't need his approval, it would be nice to have.
98 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I don't think Suma would hide it from her b/c he doesn't want their relationship to have lies/secrets, etc. But I don't know if he would have told her right away. xD

Sumayl grinned at her when Vienna spoke that she would give it to him despite his answer's vagueness. In truth, Sumayl could not fathom why she was seeking him out, obviously with the sole purpose of speaking with him. If Sumayl hadn't been so naturally self assured and confident he might have felt nervous, especially given his most recent, and likely ugliest fight with Jace yet. Sumayl had only been telling what he saw as the truth, and had only been trying to air out his issues with Jace and Jace's leadership so that they might work on it so that they could actually co-exist. The likes of which appeared like it was never going to happen which put Sumayl literally between a rock and a hard place. He would not follow a leader that was not willing to work on their problems with their subordinates, nor a leader who did nothing but take the offense when he was told what was wrong and twist it around so that he was attacking (despite how many times he denied it) the subordinate instead, all because he had the temper of a pissy, spoiled toddler. In the interest of not having thoughts of Jace ruin his time with Vienna, Sumayl shoved those thoughts violently to some dark corner of his mind, hoping that they would stay there. Given her blood relation to the ebony Beta it was hard not to think of him when near her but at the same time: Vienna had quickly became a sole focus of his life, butting into the spotlight that his own self had so vainly hogged but Sumayl didn't even care, hadn't even tried to keep it from happening.

“You can keep me for as long as you want,” Sumayl murmured to her with a cheeky grin, though his words were genuine. The prey could wait. It wasn't going anywhere and even if it did all he would have to do was track it. Vienna was important, and he wanted her to know that whenever she wanted or needed him there was nothing that would keep him from giving her his full attention. Sumayl was silent when Vienna told him that she was going to try for Healer in the stead of officially becoming The Sunspire's chronicler. “You've worked so hard to earn the Chronicler trade,” Sumayl began, not in an argumentative tone, a soft contemplative one in stead. He wasn't going to try to talk her out of it, if her mind was made up because ultimately it was her choice and it was his duty to be supportive in everything she did. “Are you sure it's what you want?” Admittedly, though it came as no surprise to the Ostrega, Vienna was much more selfless than he. “Don't get me wrong, Vienna, I'm not going to talk you out of it. If it's what you truly want to do, go for it, because I as your spouse will support you in everything and anything you do.” It didn't mean he wouldn't have an opinion about it because he was Sumayl and he almost always had an opinion about something.

Sumayl's head tilted ever so slightly to the side, ears cupping forth as soft golden eyes took in the plains of her face as she inquired if he had came across any Healers while he was tracking herds. If he had, Sumayl had never thought to ask mostly because it wasn't anything he had need for. “I don't know, honestly,” Sumayl replied and shifted his weight before he spoke again, “but next time I head out and if I come across anyone I'll ask around.” He promised. If it was what she wanted then he would find one for her, no questions asked.

350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She bypassed his statement without comment, though she did appreciate it. Her happiness that she rated above the herd in his priorities aside, she still would feel badly if she kept him too long. Having to track them down if they did happen to leave would be a real pain.

She nodded when he mentioned that she had worked hard for her previous desire, this statement hitting many of her own doubts. "I thought about that. But really, it isn't a loss. I learned a lot of neat things, and being a healer doesn't mean I can't love stories. It just means I won't have quite as much time for them." She was still a bit unsure, but again, it wouldn't hurt to try.

When he called himself her spouse she wondered a bit at the term, but too let it pass. Though they saw each other exclusively (she assumed), they had yet to make anything official, and Vienna was glad that he was giving her some time. Still a small part of her held back, the part that knew there was a very important conversation to be had before she could really throw her whole heart into it. The same part balked at the prospect, knowing that things could so quickly all go south when this sit down happened. So she hung on in limbo, trying to cling to the fact that she could have the best of both worlds but knowing that was likely not the case.

"I think this is what I want. I know I want to try it at least. And if I hate it, well, at least then I know I tried my best. I could very well be the worst healer ever," she huffed out a chuckle, "patients could go into hiding rather than come to me!" She wouldn't know her aptitude until she gave it a fair shot.

"That would be great, though. I know for a fact I won't improve much unless I can find someone to teach me." She looked thoughtfully at the herd for a minute. "Amekaze suggested I try the plateau. They are a friendly group, so I agreed. I plan on going there sometime soon, trying my luck. I'm not sure if they have anyone who can help, but it never hurt to ask." Ok, well... It rarely hurt to ask, and she thought the gain worth the slight risk involved.
98 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
“That's true,” Sumayl murmured in agreement when she spoke that it didn't mean she couldn't like stories, only that her time would prove to be limited for them. Sumayl had taken a bold move referring to her as his spouse because they were not official mates, yet(?), but whether they officially held the title or not, whether she carried his last name or not, it did not change how Sumayl felt about her. Though the strategic Ostrega was not so free-spirited as to not care one way or another about official anything, he did like the orderly idea of “mates”, of being husband and wife and at sharing his last name. He intended to see the Ostrega family expand in these Wilds, running off the assumption that with Chehlia gone he was the only Ostrega that inhabited them (he was dead wrong but he didn't know that, aha). “I don't think that,” Sumayl scoffed at her statement that she could be the worst healer ever. “I know you'll be an excellent healer.” Even if it wasn't what she had originally intended to do. As far as Sumayl cared to look at things: life didn't give you what you wanted, it gave you what you needed. Take for instance, them. Sumayl, despite his extensive playboy past, he had not came to the Wilds looking for a relationship, let alone love. Love hadn't been something he had actively believed in, until it'd smacked him in the ass.

Vienna was the best thing to ever happen to him, even if it likely did not make his “relationship” with her brother any better or easier. Still, Sumayl wasn't worried about Jace. The ebony Beta was a big boy, despite how he acted around Sumayl, and could take care of himself. After all, it wasn't like he was courting Jace as well. While they were something of a package deal, Sumayl was assuming that, that wasn't part of the deal. They were not adjoined twins, after all, and the Ostrega believed that they did not have to share everything with one another.

Sumayl felt no need in being redundant by re-telling her that he would support her, nevertheless. Whatever she decided to do he was behind her. He had already stated it once and he intended to back up his words with actions. Sumayl was quiet when Vienna spoke about trying the Plateau to find a healer mentor, his handsome face holding his contemplation. He was seized by a sudden knot of anxiety, despite that he understood that Vienna was a seasoned adventurer and would likely be quite alright making the trip on her own. Even so, he did not like the idea of her going alone, or even with anyone but himself (because he didn't trust anyone else to protect her?). It was not that he thought her incapable because he knew first hand that, that wasn't the case. It was because he loved her, and the consideration that if something happened to her was too painful for him to even want to consider it, despite that it nagged at him as a persistent worry. For a moment Sumayl struggled, not wanting to be that guy — the overbearingly protective boyfriend. She already had one of those, though it came in the former of her younger brother. “Do you plan to make the trip alone? I'll go with you, if you'd like.” He offered, instead, in an attempt to dilute his worry some so it was not so blatantly obvious. Not that Sumayl had an issue with outright telling her that he was concerned and did not want her to go alone but at the same time he did not wish to upset her with his concern.

Clearly, Sumayl Ostrega was not so good at this whole 'spouse' thing, after all.

350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
If he was tryin to earn himself major brownie points, he was succeeding. Even if she did turn out to be awful, somehow she felt he wouldn't mind. Make fun of her? Maybe. But actually make her feel awful about it? Never. So in truth her worries were small and few. "Thanks."

His concern at her going alone didn't annoy her; quite the opposite. She appreciated that he worried after her well-being, but still gave her the choice. She thought for a moment to take him up on the offer, but as she opened her mouth to agree, immediately she changed her mind. "It's ok, I'll be fine. The Plateau isn't too far." Her intentions at that time were to go straight to the Plateau. Those intentions would change, but at that moment it was the truth. "I go to the hot springs all the time, no problem, and it's pretty much on the way." Kinda, yes? She remembered seeing it, rearing up along the cliffs.

If she'd known the extent of his worry, she might have allowed him to come along, for she hated to make him so uncomfortable. However she needed to go by herself for herself also. As an outrider, she could not always expect to have escorts, and after her last foray she needed to prove to herself that she could still go it alone.

"Besides, with Summer gone, can't have everyone leaving. If anything happens here, I'd rather not get to practice my skills so soon." She joked, but it was true. They couldn't leave the mountain with so few to defend it, and Sumayl would be an asset should conflict come.
98 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Sumayl hadn't spoken of supporting her because he was looking to earn her favor; certain as he was that he already had that. Even then, his words of support were not because he thought it was what she wanted to hear, it was because it was true. He would support her in whatever she wanted to do because it was what she wanted, and he was not going to take anything from her, no matter what his personal opinions upon it were. It was the same situation with Jace. Sumayl wasn't so sure that he would go so far as to say he hated Jace but he certainly had given up trying to like him. Nevertheless, Sumayl would deal with him because he was Vienna's brother, and as long as Vienna wanted to keep Jace in her life, as to which he had no doubt that she did, then he wasn't going to try her mind. She was entitled to loving her brother even if Sumayl thought he was an oversensitive, petty man child who thought that just because he was Beta that it gave him the right to throw his power around and tell Sumayl what he could and could not say and get pissed at him when Sumayl rebelled. Sumayl did not want to live under Jace's leadership — there was too much disagreement and tension for his liking and he did not think Jace made a good leader but he was of a largely unpopular opinion it would seem and for the most part he did his best to avoid and ignore the other man's existence; though this was largely for Vienna's benefit. Still, Sumayl contemplated leaving the Sunspire but they needed him and his narcissism even if they didn't know it and besides Sumayl wasn't so confident (imagine that) that he would be able to convince Vienna to leave it and he didn't want a life that didn't have her in it, by his side.

“Alright,” Sumayl spoke on the matter as she admitted that she would go alone and that she would be fine. He didn't argue because, well, there was no point and he wouldn't force his company upon her; and really nothing to raise a scene over. She was a more than capable Outrider, after all. “Bring me back a souvenir?” He teased her, leaning in close, his voice dropping to a low, husky murmur as his golden eyes danced with mischief. He was joking, of course. All she needed to bring back to him was herself because that was all that Sumayl wanted. “Don't worry,” He brushed her jest off with a careless shrug and a cheeky grin. “I'll keep The Sunspire safe while you're gone,” Beneath the cheek he was quite serious, of course. He would ensure they were fed and the borders were watched, though it really wasn't his responsibility. No doubt Amekaze and Jace would both be running their usual border patrols as well. Though Sumayl had never been interested in any trade other than Gamekeeper because he had held the title of Hunter in his birth pack since he was six months old it would only serve to benefit both him and the pack if he took a leaf out of Vienna's book and branched out.

“Try to promise me you won't be gone too long though, the bed will be cold and empty without you,” Bed. Den. Same thing. He had quickly gotten used to sharing a living space with her, though the last time he'd shared one with anyone had been his siblings. While it had a very different feel to it than a home made with one's siblings, Sumayl knew he would be faced with the realization of how he took her presence beside him during the nights for granted while it wasn't there for the duration of her trip. Too easily he had fallen into the routine of playing house, so to speak, except this was very real and there was nothing pretend about it.

350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
gonna wrap this one ^^, our other will probably go a ways longer <3

"The best one I can find," she said, pleased with his trust and that her exploring was taken so well. She wouldn't hold up to that promise, but her souvenir would be bringing herself back to him, arguably. He didn't seem like much of a collector, not as Summer did, though jokes had been made about his penchant for collecting hearts. They were a ways past that conversation on the isle.

She was relieved at his words that he would watch the spire, but still she worried. It wasn't as though she thought the mountain in danger (or that it would be leveled without her. Really, she wasn't much of a warden). No, her biggest fear was that, while she was gone, he'd grow restless of this place and leave. It was a stupid fear, one that she'd never divulge, but with things the way they were, it prompted her to move in close, laying her cheek and neck beside his in a hug of sorts.

"Don't worry, I won't be. I'll come back as soon as possible." It was in her nature to wander, but it was becoming less and less fun to stay away for long. She ached for this place when she was gone, him and the rest of them. Though she knew she would never stop her travels, they would get shorter and less frequent she was sure as she made more of a family for herself. And this was becoming more of an acceptable, natural thing for her.