Heart beat out my chest.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He puffed his chest as far as it could go and bounded back toward home. His oversized paws were as familiar to him as his fluffy tail, so they didn't trip him up as he raced back. There was a lot of excitement building up inside of him, bubbling to the surface so that he felt he could almost fly if he tried.

In his mouth there swung a mouse, its limp body a pendulum that swayed while he raced back with thundering feet to the place where he resided with his parents and siblings. It had been mostly dead when he found it - a broken back would do that to a thing - but he had finished it off and he was proud.

So it was that the first place he had thought to go (mama's boy that he was) was home, to his mother. His eyes sought Blue Willow eagerly as he came home. Which was where she was bound to be. He hoped. Otherwise he'd have to start searching all of the pack's land until he found his dearest mother.
all you have is your fire
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Constantine, drove Blue to a constant worrying frenzy. He was a sneaky little boy, always slipping out, when she wasn't looking. She was going to be gray in the fur, before he was an adult. As par usual, she was anxiously waiting his return, her green eyes searching the surrounding area. She tilted her head, ears erect hoping to hear his tiny voice calling for his mother. She worried for him, but she would not trade him. She would trade none of them, all of them such big explorers.

Blue saw him coming, and her tail swept across the ground happily. Connie! What have you been doing? She nudged his little shoulder, licking his downy head. She didn't notice the dead thing at first, too relieved that he was there.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The glee at seeing his mother was certainly enough to fill his young heart as he leaped toward her, a muffled "maaa" coming from around the carcass in his mouth. His ears flipped back and his head raised, his muzzle moving to hers immediately for an affectionate lick. In his haste, the swarthy boy forgot his prize but it was easily remembered as it collided with his paw.

"'ouse, 'ouse!" he said, bouncing on his paws and pushing the mouse toward her own paws with his muzzle. "Fo joo." his very first "kill" was presented with a raised head and a proud chest to his mother.

She would always be the first wolf he ever loved.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue chuckled gently, at his muffled maa. He did her heart good, they all did. She hadn't realized that she could love another being so much, as she loved the three little Mayfair's. She was then attune to the fact, he had something clutched tightly in his maw.

She studied it and smiled, Why a mouse! Did you kill that all by yourself? That is great Connie. You're very first kill, good for you. She licked his muzzle and nudged the side of his head. I'm very proud of you! She sniffed at it, and then peered at him again, a large jovial smile on her face.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She seemed proud of him; he had hoped she would be. Her pride meant so much to him that he couldn't help but swell even more with pride. If he got any more proud - say his father showed up and showed some ounce of pride himself - the boy might explode.

"Yuh!" he agreed, failing to recognize or admit to the factors that had brought the kill to his jaws so easily. "Git it, Cawhnie git it!" the boy replied, his tail beating a steady pace behind him.

He looked around, half-wishing his twin or sister were available to admire his kill too. "Whurrr erbuddy?"
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue watched as he puffed out his chest in pride and she laughed. What an adorable little boy, they had. All three of their children were beautiful.

Blue couldn't help, but laugh at his baby speech. Git it and Cawhnie, made her want to squeal in cuteness. It was just nothing short of amazing, how something that had been so defenseless was growing up. They would make them proud, all three of them. She focused back on Constantine, a smile on her face.

Blue shook her head, Exploring like you, and Daddy is probably getting you guys something to eat.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He huffed in disapproval, narrowing his eyes a bit.  "Boo."  the boy replied.  It was a disappointment to not be able to flaunt his kill in the face of his sister and brother, to have no father to caress his head with a tender muzzle in affection at his success.

Then he realized: he had his mama all to himself!  "Cawnie mama 'lone!"  he said excitedly, tail whipping back and forth with delight.  It was amazing how fast young minds and feelings could change.  Dizzying, really.  "Wha do, mama?"  hopefully they could do something awesome before his siblings and father came home to interrupt this pocket of Constantine-Blue time.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue couldn't stop the laughter, that bubbled up from her chest. Yes Boo! Blue knew that he wanted to flaunt his kill. Both for pride, and for envy. To show his siblings up, and to show his father how good he was. However, they couldn't really tell them, if they were absent.

Willow chuckled, Yes Connie and Mommy are alone. She brushed her muzzle across his head. Licking the downy softness between his ears. Blue froze in thought, Well what do you want to do? We can go hunting? or we can find shiny things? Or we can play a game?
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The boy wagged his tail eagerly, his every fiber vibrating with happiness that he had pleased his mother.  Though he often neglected her feelings by going off exploring and putting himself in harm's way, that was more childish carelessness than anything.  Certainly he never intended to upset or make her unhappy.

He lifted his muzzle to nibble and lick at her jawline as she brushed her muzzle across his head.  The comforting brush of her tongue was occasionally frustrating to him lately - particularly when it was bath time - but he liked it when it was brief like that.  It was affection, it was connection, it was a reminder that she was his and he was hers.

"SHEENNNYY!"  he shouted eagerly.  Shiny things were actually rather rare in their world, after all, so it was awesome to think of trying to find shiny things.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue knew that Constantine, was a kind fellow. She also knew, that he did not mean to cause her undue stress. However, he was a child. A smart child, who wanted to explore the world around him. She could not fault him for that, it was in that aspect, that he was so much like his grandfather and father. Both men, had cases of wander lust that were beyond imagination.

Blue smiled at his tiny caresses, to let her know he cared, he was there and he loved her. She knew very well, his dislike for baths. However, she was not sure if it was, because he didn't like baths, or he wanted to play too often.

Blue chuckled, there were not many shiny things, but a good place to look was near the river. There, they may find some shiny rocks or shale. Come along Connie. She started walking that way, a small smile on her face, keeping her son in her sights.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
His mother time was precious to him.  He did bat his paw against the mouse, though.  "Eat!"  he encouraged, wanting her to eat the limp creature before they started to walk.  After all, he had caught it for her.  Her or his father, if he had seen Lasher first.  Though he had wanted to give it to his mom, he wouldn't have kept the beta male from eating it if they had come across each other first.

Enthusiastically, he leaped after her when they did begin to walk.  Her paws guiding him toward shinies, he hoped.  His tail wagged back and forth.  There was so much to see in the world that he hadn't seen, and he wanted to see it all.

"Mama, joo see da Bayy?"  he asked, suddenly remembering the wolf he had met on the borders that had told him about the Bay place where she lived.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled softly, thought the mouse was no more than a mouthful, just a snack. She did not tell her son this, instead she bent and grasped it. Chewing, making sure to go mm, yummy, she swallowed and smacked her lips. Leaning forward, she tickled her son's side, nuzzling him gently.

Blue chuckled as Connie kept pace with her longer legs, she has shortened her sides. She couldn't help the skitter of amusement, at his puffed out chest. His tail went nonstop, he was clearly pleased and that was wonderful.

It took Blue a moment to realize what he said, but then she nodded. Yes, I have been to the bay. It is pretty there. Perhaps, your father and I will take you there sometime. Would you like that?

She took him to the nearby creek, being sure to stay as far away from the deeper parts as possible. She turned and looked at him a stern expression on her gaze. There should be shinies here near and in the water, but you listen Constantine. You do not come here without a grown up. Do you understand my little one? It is dangerous.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.