Blackfoot Forest Shadows hide me
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Read Only 
She had caught it.

The fox, one of many in this forest, was ensnared in a thick bramble bush, led into the trap by Potema's swift paws. She stood in front of it, dropping the stolen kill she used as bait. It snarled at her, trying to untangle itself and attack her for her insolence, but that made the bramble thorns dig in more. It whined, looking up at Potema piteously. Disgustingly so. The fox was a big brute, as big as her, but it was no match for a Dark Child, not even on its home turf.

Potema wanted to learn the effects of poisons. It was enough to be told what they did, but she wanted to see it happen. It was a morbid curiosity of hers ever since her mother had taught her about poisons, how they are found, how to use them, what they did. Cicero learned too, perhaps more than she did, but Potema was willing to experiment. And she needed live test subjects in order to do that. A fox from the forest near Bearclaw Valley seemed right. She would be helping the wolves around here, wouldn't she?

"You will do as I say," She snarled at it sternly, her single eye glimmering, "And I will let you go. Refuse my orders, and I will call the nearest wolf to tear you apart." The fox agreed to her terms, they seemed fair, didn't they? That was, at least, if the fox survived her experiments. Then she would let it go. Maybe, she thought, looking at the array of berries and leaves that were lined up next to her, ready for her experiment.

A sprig of red sage berries dangled from her mouth. She carried it safely by the twig, but the berries were poisonous. Caused vomiting and diarrhea. She walked forward, shoving the berries into the fox's face. "Eat this." She growled between locked teeth. The fox obeyed, devouring the whole cluster. Potema sat back and watched as the fox convulsed and gagged before eventually throwing up. It vomited until there was nothing left for it to throw up, then sagged in its prison, weakened. Potema did not smile, merely watched and noted everything, before picking up another leaf.

"Now, eat this."