Ouroboros Spine but my dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
Moonglow
Zeta
80 Posts
Ooc — Twin
All Welcome 
AW but maybe @Ariadne? :o

the days were longer now. peregrine spent much of his time hunting; moonglow had many mouths to feed, and now the boy was responsible for a good chunk of them. hunts, however, did not seem to be going his way lately — today, a herd of mule deer evaded him as he'd chased them almost to the neverwinter, and now he returned empty handed and exhausted.
frustration grips him as he trails near the ulax, breath still catching up to him as heat begins to bead upon his forehead. the spring's brood were lively, he notes, as he is stopped abruptly by a gaggle of children who bolt straight in front of him as if he isn't even there.
his trudging takes him to the lakeside, as it typically did when the imposing thoughts swarmed his mind. he thinks of galana as he stares at his rough-edged reflection, a tightness forming in his throat; he wasn't worthy of her, or any child of the moonwoman. he was no husband. he was not even a hunter.
he wonders if the village would be better off without him.
Moonglow
Delta
writing letters addressed to the fire
745 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Ariadne decided to focus on preparing Kannoyak's beaver fur despite having other tasks for her spirit journey. After finishing skinning the animal and storing the meat in the cache, she made her way towards the lake to clean the pelt. Upon nearing the lake, she caught sight of a familiar figure, prompting her to pause and place her materials on the ground. 

Peregrine? she called out. Is that you? She didn't know he belonged to Moonglow!
Moonglow
Zeta
80 Posts
Ooc — Twin
a voice. not just any voice; he knew this one, the delightful timbre. ariadne?
a small, sheepish grin unfolds upon his features as he turns to face the pretty girl. she looked more grown up, somehow, radiant and newly curved with what peregrine could only guess was from motherhood. his emotions rifle from surprise to something like jealousy and then to confusion, but his expression remains still.
when did-- i mean, it's good to see you, he chirps, raising a hind leg to scratch behind an ear. are you visiting, or...?
Moonglow
Delta
745 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
As he verified her suspicions, her face brightened, and she collected her belongings before closing the space between them. It is good to see your face, too! My family and I live here now, she said once she had organized her belongings on the floor. We have not been here for very long—just about fifteen moons—so it's no wonder we are just seeing each other, still, it was such a nice surprise to run into him.  

You live here, too, right? she asked, sniffing to see if he smelt of somewhere else, as she assumed that was why he was here.
Moonglow
Zeta
80 Posts
Ooc — Twin
she lived here! but then there is that dreaded word that no bachelor ever wants to hear from the mouth of a woman he trailed after — family. this, of course, came with the assumption that she had a husband.
yeah, i, uh, i moved here-- goddamn, i guess it's been a while now, hasn't it? i got kicked in the head by a bison a while back. kukutux saved me. been here ever since. he studies her with a sweep of his gaze from her limbs to her shoulders to her face, the soft glow of her cinnamon-dashed features something he now took the time to silently appreciate.
you've got a family, huh? his crooked grin grows. congratulations. i think. or my condolences, depending on how you feel about it, and, um, what brought you here. how'd you end up here? moonsong not work out? god, he was talking too much already.
Moonglow
Delta
745 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
She was taken aback by the news of his injury, but upon looking him over, she was relieved to see that he seemed to be fully recovered. I am glad that you are okay! How did that even happen? She thought back to the bison hunt, and wondered if it'd happened there. 

She laughed as he congratulated her. Thank you—it is a good thing, I promise. But, yes, many things happened. Do you have the time to hear all about it? she teased.