Ouroboros Spine you take my hand and drag me head first, fearless
Moonglow
Pi
my mind turns your life into folklore
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Private 

Nantahala had been in better spirits since working with Kukutux and her siblings, and had begun to fill her time with activities instead of lazing around and waiting for something to happen. She'd been reminded of the time prior to the unmeasurable sadness, and now strived to keep that sense of normalcy. She didn't want to go back, as she didn't want to feel as lifeless and helpless as she had, and looked forward to the happier times ahead.  

Presently, she moved through the territory and dragged a large piece of bark behind her. She'd used bark to slide down a hill before, and she wondered what’d happen if she tried to ride on the board in the water.  

Soon, as the lake wasn't far off, she’d find out what'd happen.
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Panuk had entered Moonglow with the intention of finding his grandmother. He'd wanted to speak to Kukutux about the things he saw, about the things he heard. He wanted to know her wisdom and ask for guidance. It was a gift that he had never taken lightly. It was also a gift that he didn't know what to do with. Speaking with those who had gone... 

As the hefty young wolf padded in search of Kukutux, he saw a glimmer of gold. A young girl he hadn't met before. His deep voice wuffed a greeting and he plodded toward her on heavy steps. 

Would you like some help? he asked her as he drew near. Pan's tail waved to the young woman.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
She was so focused on the task at hand that she didn't see Panuk at first, but when he revealed himself, she immediately shifted her focus and let the bark fall to the ground. She didn't recognize him, and was immediately guarded, but his saving grace was the faint trace of Kukutux on his pelt and the friendly glint in his eyes. 

She looked him up and down with a careful eye, still not totally convinced that this wasn't an instance of stranger danger. 

You smell like my aanaga, she said.
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Pan nodded his head to the young girl, making sure that his distance was kept to avoid unsettling her. 

I'm Panuk, he introduced himself. Pan's head dipped down in greeting to the gold-touched youth. His eyes almost glittered when he lifted his round features again. For such a gentle young man, he was thick and imposing and built like a log. Almost chunky, he carried his weight with surprising bounce and even elegance. 

Can I ask your name?
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
While he'd acknowledged the fact that he smelt like her grandmother, he did not elaborate, and she frowned. Instead, he introduced himself and asked for her name. She hesitated for a moment, not totally comfortable in the situation, but figured he looked friendly enough. 

I'm Lilyflower, she replied. Then, in her next breath, she asked, How do you know my aanaga?
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Kukutux is my grandma, Panuk's deep voice explained. His features lifted in a smile that crinkled the edges of his eyes, making his round face seem even rounder in appearance. 

Lilyflower is a very nice name. 

Even in this little moment, Pan's deep voice was carried with a near-unnerving earnestness. Like he was incapable of lying. Like he only spoke truth on his tongue and in his heart. 

You can call me Pan, he suggested, waving his tail.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
When Pan spoke, Nantahala's eyes grew wide, and excitement coursed through her. If Kukutux was also his grandmother, that had to mean that they were related, which meant she could trust him. She allowed her guard to drop, and she took a step towards him and sniffed, taking in all the scents that were on his coat. 

That means you're my family, she said excitedly as her tail began to wag. Do you know my aana, Vairë? Or my taata, Valiant?
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Yes, he answered easily, allowing her to inspect his coat. She would smell hints of the sea. She would smell the forest where he had spent a great deal of time since Ariadne's death. Panuk had become fond of singing for his aunt. Even if she was gone, he could sense that she enjoyed it. Sometimes... he thought he heard his mother singing too. 

We are family. 

Pride washed over his handsome young face.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Pan exuded pride, and she found herself basking in it as well. Grinning up at him, she savored the various scents of the wilderness, which reminded her of all the exciting, distant lands she longed to explore someday.

Upon meeting his gaze, a question struck her: Why haven't I met you before? While she was sure there was an explanation for this, as the smells on his coat indicated a traveler's life, she was curious to learn from him why it'd taken as long as it had for him to come around.
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Pan's features were softer now, a little more sincere. 

When I was born, my mom died. But my dad took care of me and my brother... and he taught us about hunting and trading. When I got a little older, I traveled to learn how to hunt the caribou. I came back when- 

The young man's mouth closed. He had never told anyone about hearing his mother's voice, carried in on the sea, calling him back home. 

When I knew I needed to be here...
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
His expression shifted as he spoke, and she noticed the change. While his time traveling interested her, she clung to the fact that his mother had died when he was born, and she felt herself frown as she took another step towards him. I'm sorry, Pan, she said, wanting to wrap him in a big 'ol hug. But, instead, she'd thought of something else that could lift his spirits. 

Do you wanna play? she asked. While he was big and grownup, there was something about him that betrayed his young age. I have that board over there, and I was going to try and ride it in the lake, she said, glancing over her shoulder and motioning towards the item. I dunno if it's going to work, but ... it's worth a shot, right?
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Panuk gave her a small and grateful smile before he nudged at her cheek. A sign that he was fine. Samani lived on inside him. He heard her voice. She had called him home. And he was filled with youthful purpose. 

At her suggestion, his glimmering jade eyes fixed on the board. 

I think that's a good idea. Let's see if we can get you to create some big waves, Pan suggested with a quick smile and a sun-warm laugh. He bent to clasp the board in his teeth. Family helping family.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
When he touched her cheek, she smiled and felt reassured that he was okay. 

He then accepted her invitation, and her spirits lifted further as enthusiasm coursed through her. It wasn't often that she got to play with someone new, and it was exciting to her that she was able to connect with more of her family. 

YEAH!!! she cheered as she bounded ahead a few steps before looking back at him. LET'S MAKE SOME WAVES! Now that she felt she could trust him, she allowed for her true colors to shine. LAST ONE TO THE LAKE IS A SMELLY PELT! she said with a laugh, as she picked up her pace and raced away. 

She led the rest of the way to the lake, and when they arrived at the shore, she bounded into the water, sending water spraying every which way. The lake was beautiful and calm, glimmering in the bright afternoon light.
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Not a smelly pelt! 

Panuk laughed, still dragging the makeshift surfboard as his large feet thumped behind her. His eyes danced as he watched her approach the lake on eager paws and splash water around her golden body. Like sunlight on the sea. It made him giddy. 

The young druid positioned her board at the top of a slope that would carry her down to the water. He didn't know how well she'd travel. Thoughtful, Pan thought that if he gave her a slight push, she should be able to float right across the surface of the lake. 

Come here! Let's make you fly on water, he urged her, laughing.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
She was competitive in nature, and relished in her victory—even if her winning hadn't necessarily been fair. After all, he'd had to lug around the board, and she'd been free to run as fast as she could and secure her win. 

She turned when he spoke, bright-eyed with a shit-eating grin, and just as quickly as she had gotten into the water, she got out and climbed the hill. When she made it to the top, she climbed onto the board and then looked at him as her nerves began to flare, anticipating the fun she was about to have. 

Alright! she said, turning to face forward, and noticed how steep the hill was, but she didn't let that deter her. She was ready to ride the waves and feel the wind in her fur! Ready when you are ... she giggled. 

SMELLY!
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Lilyflower came to him and climbed onto the makeshift surfboard. Panuk bent to sniff and make sure she was secured on top of it. She was positively glowing with joy and it flowed over into him and made him burst with light from every pore of his body, from every glint of his mother's eyes that he wore. 

Alright... three, two, one-

Pan tucked his snout beneath the board and pushed. His large paws helped, thrusting the board forward and watching as it carried her down the slope. But his protective nature did not keep him stationary. He raced behind her with paws that struck the earth with the sound of thunder. He whooped for her, watching as the board struck the water and skipped across its surface with surprising grace. 

Yes! Yes! his deep voice called out to her - Lilyflower flying across the glittering lake water.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
”Alright ... three, two, one—"

She sucked in a breath a braced herself for the free fall, and when it came, she opened her mouth and screamed the whole way down. 

—AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! she squealed with girlish delight as she rode down the hill, on the shoreline, and into the lake. When she hit the water, the board bounced against the surface like a skipping stone, and the voice fluctuated with each jump. AHHHhhhhhHHHhhhhHHHHHhhhhHHH!!!!! 

They'd managed to get her a hop, skip, and a jump away from the shoreline, but the water was still shallow enough that she touched the bottom when she crashed. She fell off the side, and the board skirted a few paces ahead and stilled. WOOO!!!!!! she cheered, leaving the board be for now, and she turned to face him with unbridled joy. THAT WAS SO TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Pan marveled at her joy, at the squeal of her voice as she skipped out onto the lake water, creating a soft gush of waves as the board came to a stop and she found her footing. The young man waded out a short ways, making sure she was alright. She looked like she'd had the time of her life. Her words made him beam. 

You flew! 

What a gift.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
As much as Nantahala wanted to go again, she knew that it was only fair if Pan had the chance to fly. She looked up at him, sunny and bright in her expression, and agreed, I DID FLY!!!!!! I WENT FAR!

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!!!! she hollered, unable to control the volume of her voice; her excitement was all-encompassing. She turned towards the board and nudged it in his direction. COME ON, PAN! LETS GET YOU FLYIN!
Pledged
Moongrove
46 Posts
Ooc — Teo
My turn? his voice was a faint thing. 

Pan hadn't considered himself getting a turn at this. He was much too large. She wouldn't be able to push him. He hadn't even thought of anything more than repeatedly sending her skipping across the water. The young wolf plopped his rear to the earth and he tilted his head to the side as she glowed with light before his very eyes. She was like the sun.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
She noticed the way his voice softened, and how he sat instead of making his way up the hill for his turn. She didn't like either of these developments; it was only fair that he got the chance to fly. 

YEAH!!! she screeched encouragingly, reaching for one of his arms to pull him along. YOU GOTTA GO, PAN! IT'S AMAZING AND FUN AND IT'LL BE A GREAT TIME!!! She tugged at him. I PROMISE, YOU'LL HAVE FUN!!!