Ocean's Breath Plateau hard and soft
Pledged
Moongrove
but there's a part of me that recognizes you
454 Posts
Ooc — siv
All Welcome 
she walked among moon villages.

but she had promised @Rodyn she would come here to trade first. she meant to keep her word even when her gut churned to think of @Chakliux here. she had not forgot him, only driven a wedge between them.

she could have called the bear-faced hunter to come beyond his home for trading.

that was not what she had promised him.

carried in a still treasured ramskin were things from inland. the scent she carried with her, pine and deer.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was not privy to the yearnings of Callyope or even Chakliux. But he would be a little sad to know yet again he was a wolfbetween the seal hunter and a moongirl. He had trusted Samani, but also had known she held Chakliux in high regard as had Ariadne.

The call came into the borders and Rodyn trotted to meet her. A small smile on his face. Kukutux's words in the back of his mind. He had meant what he said. That if he were a choice. He would get her her bride price. But Callyope was young, younger than him. And she had many options.

In his own fisher fur. Was the shell that looked like her sisters coloring, the Lapis lazuli and a wind chime like he had made for her when she was a child.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Pledged
Moongrove
454 Posts
Ooc — siv
it was good to see him.

there was a fondness in her gaze, a sway to her tail when she saw he carried his own fur with him. her own bundle was settled at her feet now, trading items within still covered.

it is good to see you, and to trade with you!

her face warming with a smile.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
She looked happier than when he had seen her last. Perhaps she had been bolder in her gathering of life lessons.

He lay the trading items down. And leaned forward to greet her with a soft nudge. Nothing untoward of course. What he would do with any he held in high esteem.

:A wave of his tail. Likewise.

was your journey a good one? What he was not asking but yet he was. Were you safe, were you bothered? Were you okay?

He nosed at his fisher fur.
I bring a beach item, a precious thing from a pack called Muat Rya and something I made for your chocies.
Pledged
Moongrove
454 Posts
Ooc — siv
content to return his nudge, to take some piece of comfort in his nearness. the feeling of security and his stability.

it is always a good journey when i am walking among moon villages.

there was no lie in her voice to say this. even if she already missed moongrove and the son of this man who brought much radiance to it.

she watched intently what he had to offer.

i have brought things that i hope might be cherished at a seaside village. she delicately nosed open the ramskin. inside were the contents as rich and vibrant as where she had found them.

there is moss for your healers. there is a broken antler, discovered within the heart of moongrove — perhaps for new teeth or those seeking knowledge in bones. finally i have brought meat, thinking if there is no use in the first two, then there is always use in the last.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
He gave a soft laugh and a nod. Yellow eyes aglow with the knowledge that she wasn't lying. They are peaceful places. I enjoy them and am proud to be a part of some small way.

He did enjoy the moon villages. Too often other's didn't take joy in the simple. But he did.

He nosed the fisher fur open. The bright peachy sheen of the conch shell like Samani's coat, The brightly blue stone, like the ocean. And then the noisemaker he had made so many seasons ago.

There is use in the first two. We have many little mouths that seek to chew. Though i suppose. They are getting older, but even a man like me likes to chew every now and again. he teased gently.

And he did. HE had quite a few well marked bones that stayed in his den that he tended to work over. Especially when upset about something.
Pledged
Moongrove
454 Posts
Ooc — siv
a small way.

she wondered if he knew the impact he had upon the moon villages, the lives of nuiruk descendants. calling it small seemed like a humbleness that he did not deserve.

he was a grand man with a grand impact, but she was not here to tell him he must be prideful of it.

it is good for busy minds, her eyes shined softly with warmth.

yet that warm gaze went to the shell at once. peachy like the furs of — her heart lodged into her throat and she nearly forgot her thoughts.

where is the village Muat-Rya? the name was not smooth on her tongue, unfamiliar with them. she allowed herself to look away from the shell to admire the shine of the blue stone.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn did not think his reach was long. He only built upon what Moonglow already had. He was the legs and the mouthpiece while they lived on in absolutely grandeur and that was how he liked it.

A nod. That it is his mind was often busy. Sometimes too busy.

Nesr the desert. It is a village that belongs to a kingdom called Akashingo. They treated me well. But they leave a life mm..

He frowned in thought.I would say frivolous but that seems unkind and impolite. Especially given the riches they've traded us. But they have grand feasts and servants. I suppose it is just a life I am unused too.
Pledged
Moongrove
454 Posts
Ooc — siv
the hot sands.

maybe it was not her place but she wondered if rodyn would walk back there if asked for a bride price. she had not missed the frown nor the way he had spoke of them the first time.

she wants to see them, she thinks. yet she wonders if there is something there she should not see.

servants.

how much for the precious stone from them?

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rody had walked beyond the hot sands and further still for his first bride price. And he would do it all again ten fold if asked. The bride price was for his future bride and it was only deserved. 

If she had asked he would have answered.

He nodded his head. I would take the moss for the healers.

Healers were important. To give life and save those that needed it. Important. Much more important than precious stones, no matter how valuable or pretty.
Pledged
Moongrove
454 Posts
Ooc — siv
it was a trade that made her feel like a bandit!

deal. a warm grin on her features now.

yet she knew what was common to her might not be here. the forest could support its supply of moss. she did not think she saw much by the seaside.

here, she ushered forth the moss she had brought, prepared to receive the bright blue stone. the desire to examine its shine and colors were too great!

however she had not missed the chime he had brought too. it made her think of spring. it made her think of her desire for new life.

and that?

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Moss was not as easily brought here. And Rodyn thought he had maybe one healer. Everyone else was trader or hunter. So any help was valued.

He pushed the blue stone forward with a smile.

I will take meat for that.

He gave an easy smile and shifted. These trades please me.
Pledged
Moongrove
454 Posts
Ooc — siv
another object offered.

the meat given freely with the desire for the charm. she imagined little ones who might find interest in it. she knew she must guard it until that moment.

she could not tell him this! her cheeks burned very hot.

you have brought me great happiness.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn as always was oblivious to the burning of cheeks. A bashful smile lit up his face. Happy he couldhelp her attain happiness. Goodness knows she needed it in the moment.

He tilted his ear forward. Do you plan to trade elsewhere? I can show you paths to other places.
Pledged
Moongrove
454 Posts
Ooc — siv
i would like to!

she admitted but there was a sense of bashfulness creeping into her voice and features.

where was your favorite place to trade? your favorite items gathered?

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
[quote="Callyope" pid='633537' dateline='1726182065']

Rodyn's brow furrowed in thought. Where was his favorite trade. Mmm. My first trade journey. I traded with a patriarch of a pack called Epoch. It has since disbanded. He frowned.

But he trade me a hunt for elk hide. And he taught me some basic soldier techniques to keep myself safe and shared knowledge of herblore. It was in a vale that was hidden from view.

Rodyn's face softenedThere was a father of the forest. A giant white elk stag. He was beautiful. He watched us for a time and then went to gather his herd.

Pretty sure it was an elk albino.