Otter Creek Beginning of the End
Loner
146 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Private 
Heading south, Leto had split off to find herself something worth eating.

Coming across a creek during her hunt immediately put the idea of otters in her mind. She had only had them once before with Pepper - however the meat was some of the best she had tasted in some time.

Trotting along the shoreline she soon spotted one of the creatures on it's own. Tail wagging, the otter spotted her and the chase began.
       Why Wait to Live?
Loner
65 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Perched on a rock nearby the sound of splashing water alerted him to the presence of the she-wolf. Looking to the sound, it was quite the strange sight.

A wolf attempting to chase an otter; hopping from land into the water and back out again. He wondered if she would really be able to catch the thing - he certainly had his doubts.
----> Always Open for Threads - Just Send me a DM!
Loner
146 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Tail high, jowls raised - with a lucky pounce the otter was soon in her jaws. Biting down, she was reassured that she could begin to eat by the sound of a 'crunch'.

Climbing out of the water she shook out her legs as she walked to what she deemed a good spot, circling in the grass before laying down and tearing into her meal. She planned for the detour to be quick - she was no longer accustomed to independence.

With the colder months approaching she was glad not to be traveling on her own.
       Why Wait to Live?
Loner
65 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Pushing any common sense he had left to the side, he slid off his perch and began to approach the she-wolf. He kept his head high and his tail low - confident, but not threatening. A demeanor he had perfected over time.

As he grew closer he called out, "How is it that you catch anything jumpin' 'round like that?" The comment was followed by a snicker.

He tended not to bother with himself worrying about how his words came off, but looking over the other he felt a twinge of regret. Thick, stunning fur and alluring eyes - he could only hope that she had a similar sense of humour.
Loner
146 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Pausing mid-bite as her meal was interrupted by another she couldn't help but giggle at his comment. She hadn't realized that anyone else was around!

"It can't look all that silly - especially if it works." She looked up at the other with a smile, giving him a once-over with her eyes.

What a pretty coat, she thought. The colours seemed to blend together perfectly - highlighting each other and defining his features. Oh and his eyes; they were a sight. Nearly hypnotizing.
       Why Wait to Live?
Loner
65 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
"Not sure I can agree with that." He snickered, laying himself down next to the other. "But you're right - it did get you somethin' t' eat." His eyes flicked down to the carcass held tightly underneath her paws. He didn't expect her to share but.. it couldn't hurt to try and wriggle his way into it.

"You hunt otters of'en?" He asked, crossing his paws. An easy conversation starter, he thought.
Loner
146 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
She shook her head, a smile crossing her face at the idea that he thought she must be experienced. "No - I only learned recently from a friend. This is my second try!" She snickered, tail wagging.

"I'm used to larger prey - I don't exactly have anyone to hunt it with anymore though." She bit into her meal, thinking back to her hunts at home. They were always fun - she hoped that she would be able to do it again some day.

For now she would settle for smaller prey.
       Why Wait to Live?
Loner
65 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
"Yeah? I get that. I'm stuck with rabbits - they ain't too bad though." He stated, tail wagging. "Damn fun to chase at least."

"You ever had cow? Hard to get at, but damn is it worth it." It was never the most moral hunt, but along with the meat itself he couldn't get over the rush of adrenaline it gave him.

The adrenaline was really what he cared to get out of a hunt.
Loner
146 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
A 'cow' was not something Leto had seen before, so of course she had not tasted such meat either. She shook her head. "Nah, but maybe they'll have cows where I'm headed." She smiled, taking another bite of her prey.

Speaking of her travels, she realized that she should start heading back. Pushing the remainders of her meal to the man, she raised to her feet. "I should probably get back, now that I think of it. You can finish that off if you're hungry." She spoke with a smile before beginning to take her leave.

However, she soon whipped around. "Oh! Wait, what's your name?" She asked, ears perked.
       Why Wait to Live?
Loner
65 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He found her antics to be amusing, her gesture charming. "Beau." He responded simply, placing a paw over the half-eaten otter.

What an odd wolf she was - but he couldn't help but hope that he would see her again.