Bearclaw Valley j- shut up and dance with me
3 Posts
Ooc —
The birds continued their calls, which bounced off the surrounding boulders and echoed proudly in the evening air, tickling her ears and keeping them in constant motion. When the wind blew, and it was a gusty day, a chill still nipped at the bones and almost blew through you, but the well placed ridges seemed to block most of the wind as it channeled down the path. The warmth of the sun in the nearly cloudless waning afternoon was the only pleasantly about the weather lately, and the youth pondered how the seasons never failed their cycles. She hadn't even witnessed a full year of life yet, so it all still seemed magical in her eyes. The birds sounded off again and raised into the wind in a flurry of flapping wings as a white wolf approached not long after she loosed a howl. 

Oversized ears perked as the other approached, then swept back to hug her nape as the female continued closer, her apparent greeter. The rebellious pup couldn't fight the instinct of submission, nor had she any desire. It felt natural to drop her belly to the ground, eyes blinking and searching the pebbles before her nose, pink tongue flickering to sweep her lips excitedly, and her tail tucked close as the end tuft flicked like a rattlesnake. A soft whine caught in her throat, and she tried to process all the scents the pale woman brought with her. "I did, yes." The teenager managed, trying to still her instincts and find the words she needed. Up north, back home, they had been wolves of little speech and almost entirely body language and nonverbal cues. Primal beasts. This lady seemed more refined and obviously preferred a verbal answer. Licking her chops, Honi began. "I've recently come to this Valley, from north of here, in search of a better life. A way to become a part of something bigger than myself. My name is Honihetane. Honi..or Tane..if you like.

The awkward girl paused a moment to catch her breath and her thoughts. The giant ears plastered to the ruff of her neck twitched, and again she licked the scars along her muzzle. Her small body had many old scars, but not all were as visible under thicker patches of fur, which helped to save her developing beauty. Thick paws shifted as her abdomin remained magnetized to the ground. "I called out in search of someone who lives here, who might speak with me in my quest to find a purpose within the pack here." Spicy eyes blinked and softened as they searched the ivory wolfess before her, flickering quickly over her face. Her ruby eyes were cause for a double-take, something the youth had never seen before. Was this woman a ghost, an angel? Was she an otherworldly being? Honi waited patiently on the ground to find out. The sun burned in it's chilly spring sky. In a few hours it would be dusk. 
Messages In This Thread
j- shut up and dance with me - by Honihetane - March 28, 2015, 03:12 PM
RE: j- shut up and dance with me - by Scarlett - March 28, 2015, 05:29 PM
RE: j- shut up and dance with me - by Honihetane - March 29, 2015, 03:26 PM
RE: j- shut up and dance with me - by Scarlett - March 29, 2015, 04:26 PM
RE: j- shut up and dance with me - by Honihetane - March 29, 2015, 08:57 PM
RE: j- shut up and dance with me - by Scarlett - March 30, 2015, 02:42 AM