Blacktail Deer Plateau As we go on, we remember all the times we had together
812 Posts
Ooc —
As if cued by her question, five wolves appeared nearly in tandem. First came Lasher with three small pups following him in a crooked line. Never in her life had Junior actually seen puppies with her own eyes, at least not since being one herself. She swallowed, mismatched eyes growing round and apprehensive as the little family group came nearer. She felt her heart beating hard as the two dark boys and pale girl crowded around her. The yearling's paw twitched as if she wanted to push them away. She stayed it, however, and did her best not to let on to her discomfort.

"Uh, hi," she said to them, then shifted her eyes to Lasher. The sight of his familiar, dark features calmed her. "Thank you. And thanks for coming to see me," she said to him, tail waving. She had always liked him, despite the fact that seeing her father with him had driven Junior to such horrible heartache. "I can see that things are going well for you," she added, glancing at the pups, then at Blue Willow, before her eyes found their way back to Lasher's face.

That's when the sight of Dante caught her eye. He was hovering in the background. "Dante!" Junior shouted, gently shoving through the gaggle of puppies to trot over to her former Alpha. "Hey, I'm glad you came. I know they would've told you anyway," she said, smiling at her aunt and sister, then turning back to the sterling male, "but I wanted to tell you myself. I'm sorry I disappeared. It wasn't intentional. I'm sure I caused a lot of upset at the time and... I'm sorry," Junior repeated, "especially for leaving on such a bad note. I was hoping to clear the air... on my end at least." She smiled faintly, recollecting her old crush on him. It was long gone now, though she was still fond of Dante.

Prowling back to the main group, Junior pressed her flank against Saena's. "You're welcome to fill them in about everything I told you," she said to her sister and Blue Willow, referring of course to Thief River Falls, her leader rank, Swordfish, etc. "Take care, all of you. I love you and I'll miss you. I'll think of you a lot." She took the time to give everyone a lick or a nudge, even the three little pups, then turned to begin the journey home.

Before she began walking away, Junior exchanged a particularly lingering glance with Saena, belatedly acknowledging their whispered exchange. You'll be great, her two-toned gaze seemed to say. Out loud, she called, "Happy birthday to us!" a final time. Her lips then twitched into a smile. Junior waved her tail at all her loved ones from the plateau, then sucked in a deep breath and began the long trek back to the falls.
Messages In This Thread
RE: As we go on, we remember all the times we had together - by Junior - April 01, 2015, 09:25 AM