Ouroboros Spine Can't Take My Eyes Off You
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
Speak or leave
The message, though unpronounced by her lips, was delivered clearly by the mere expression of her face. The face of a delicate china doll that beneath the fierceness of her eyes hid the creases of past battles and dissapointments. It was true that she had no reason to trust the man or whatever story came off his mouth next, but it was also true that he had no real (or at least knowledgeable ) reason to wish her wrong. Unless it was his own death he sought at her doorstep he should have not even bothered to show his face.
Cara's enemies, sooner or later, always fell dead.
That was not a warning, it was a promise.

Again, her eyes narrowed into thin sliths of gold-kissed yellow, silently judging the man as he without a stutter began to speak and most boldly -- to reach out for her. 
Pushing him away or baring her teeth at him would have been the most racional thing to do.
But Cara, being a creature that lived and loved erratically and with reckless abandon, was not one to listen to reason. With the fur along the nape of her neck standing on edge as if her skin had been touched by frigid ice, she accepted, or rather recieved, the soft caressing his nose and the air he breathed placed upon her cheek.
The moment, as placid as it was, died almost instantly after the explanation was resumed.

With her eyes widening slightly and her ears swinging forward like radars at the mention of her mate, Kaname, Cara felt the urge to deny his accusations gnawing in her stomach -- but again, with her tail being the only give away to her rage, she kept her lips tightly secured until he continued to elaborate on his profane story. While she did recall a certain apprehension from the older man during the day the ex-Prince had first met her, she refused, with the desesperation of someone whose world is crashing apart, to believe the wolf she had arranged to father her children could hold such dark colors of betrayal.

"Why didn't you return then?!" she gasped frantically, cutting of the male's final words. Even if the story was as he said, true, Cara could not yet understand what had kept the man from returning sooner. What had stopped him from fighting back, from fighting for her. "Why did you let him win?" she whined, her voice lingering between accusation and melancholy. Even if they had not seen each other more than twice during Keith's short stay in the Spine, there had existed an unspoken secret between their eyes that had told Cara that between them there had been (at least back then) a fire between them; a chance of something greater. 
But by 'dissapearing' the fire had been almost, if not completely, extinguished.

Yet, in the middle of the ashes that now covered them there was still a chance for something to ignite.
Where ashes lay heat remains, right?
Messages In This Thread
Can't Take My Eyes Off You - by Bane - February 20, 2015, 10:39 PM
RE: Can't Take My Eyes Off You - by Alusia - February 21, 2015, 08:31 AM
RE: Can't Take My Eyes Off You - by Bane - February 21, 2015, 02:58 PM
RE: Can't Take My Eyes Off You - by Alusia - February 21, 2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Can't Take My Eyes Off You - by Bane - February 22, 2015, 12:17 PM
RE: Can't Take My Eyes Off You - by Alusia - February 28, 2015, 08:52 PM
RE: Can't Take My Eyes Off You - by Bane - March 02, 2015, 05:12 PM
RE: Can't Take My Eyes Off You - by Alusia - March 05, 2015, 11:15 AM
RE: Can't Take My Eyes Off You - by Cara - March 09, 2015, 05:53 PM
RE: Can't Take My Eyes Off You - by Bane - March 11, 2015, 08:32 PM