Redhawk Caldera I'm an Albatraoz
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Whether it made much of a difference one way or the other, Saena accepted his response and moved on, asking him now about how to keep law and order in a pack. She explained that the plateau lacked it, which caused Peregrine's lips to twitch downward. He would have liked to see his daughter step up and restore order, yet it seemed Saena had decided that wasn't the path for her. He almost asked why, then he recollected what she'd said about collecting followers rather than inheriting them.

"The best way for you to have learned that would have been through example. I'm sorry the plateau's leadership didn't provide that for you and that I failed you in that regard as well. You would be welcome to shadow me here, if that kind of thing interested you. But basically you have to trust your good sense and your own judgment. You should listen to your instincts but weigh it consciously too. There really isn't a right or wrong way, though there are certain methods of leading that will gain respect and followers... and others that won't. You will have to find that balance for yourself, Saena.

But,"
he continued after a short pause, "that is the beauty of it. You can leader however you like, then decide if it works based on the success of your pack. A good leader still has room for improvement and you could spend your entire life trying to perfect the art. I do think it will come naturally to you, in time, and I envision you as a firm but gentle leader, who will reward hard work and have zero tolerance for those who don't know their place. I think you have the makings of a good queen, Saena."

And though he was certainly biased, Peregrine spoke the truth. He never would have guessed that the petite, premature runt left to him by the late Pied—and who was bullied through much of her early life—would one day prove to be the most ambitious of his offspring. And he didn't think Saena lusted after power. She had wanted to lead the plateau, her birthright, and circumstances had forced her to go in a different direction. She just wanted respect and the opportunity to prove herself.

"You remind me of my mother—your great grandmother—Mo," he told her. Had he already told her that? He couldn't remember but it was nevertheless true. Their personalities were different but they were the same hardened, enterprising and no nonsense she-wolves at heart.
Messages In This Thread
I'm an Albatraoz - by Saēna - April 09, 2015, 05:41 PM
RE: I'm an Albatraoz - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 09, 2015, 05:55 PM
RE: I'm an Albatraoz - by Saēna - April 09, 2015, 06:05 PM
RE: I'm an Albatraoz - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 09, 2015, 08:51 PM
RE: I'm an Albatraoz - by Saēna - April 09, 2015, 10:01 PM
RE: I'm an Albatraoz - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 10, 2015, 08:20 AM
RE: I'm an Albatraoz - by Saēna - April 12, 2015, 04:39 PM
RE: I'm an Albatraoz - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 13, 2015, 08:33 AM
RE: I'm an Albatraoz - by Saēna - April 18, 2015, 05:07 PM
RE: I'm an Albatraoz - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 20, 2015, 05:42 PM
RE: I'm an Albatraoz - by Saēna - April 20, 2015, 07:38 PM