Blacktail Deer Plateau Atlas hands
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He agreed, and wasn't so confident as to think he was any better at appearing intelligent in Blue's eyes than Osprey.  In fact, it might very well be that very lack of confidence that made him seem less sensible.  Well, that and his penchant for keeping things in.  It was likely true, though, that Osprey's stress counter with Blue was likely quite a bit higher than his own, not for lack of trying on his part.  He'd feel bad but he knew that was just the way Blue Willow was.

He listened appreciatively as she spoke of the Caldera doing well, tail waving contentedly at the news.  "That is good to hear."  He was sure those kids would want for nothing with the parents they had, and that they would be a handful.  Just look at the genes they got, though he kept this to himself.  "A rather forgetful fairy," he said with a chuckle.  "The blessings don't rely on you remembering, do they?  If not, I guess they'll have to figure out themselves what you gave them."  He smiled at the thought.  That might be kind of a fun game for them, a way to find out their talents and explore skills.  All under the guise of uncovering the fairy's blessing.

He too allowed the silence to slide comfortably between them, for he wasn't really one to need to fill the quiet.  It was a companiable pause, not an awkward one loaded with tension.  When she broke it, he looked at her in surprise a moment,, for it hadn't been a subject he had been expecting.

"I wasn't so sure, but Lasher and Blue made a good case," he said, amusement sparking in his expression.  Then he sighed.  "I'm still sorry Koda and Kesuk were a match set.  But he couldnt respect his packmates, and his leaving was my choice."  He wasn't about to lay that blame on her.  Kesuk had been a good packmate though, and he wondered how she had mated with such a disrespectful partner. "Saena wanted to lead, and I do not think she would have been happy here much longer." He paused there before continuing.  "I'd rather have packmates that support one another through hard times than disown them."  This was paramount for him, as it was something his birth pack had been unwilling to do and basically defined the line between a random band and a family to him.  He wasn't about to kick anyone out unless the good of the pack required it, and even then, it would not be a thing done easily.
Messages In This Thread
Atlas hands - by Osprey - April 17, 2015, 03:07 AM
RE: Atlas hands - by Dante RIP - April 17, 2015, 06:12 AM
RE: Atlas hands - by Osprey - April 17, 2015, 04:13 PM
RE: Atlas hands - by Dante RIP - April 17, 2015, 05:50 PM
RE: Atlas hands - by Osprey - April 17, 2015, 06:30 PM
RE: Atlas hands - by Dante RIP - April 18, 2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Atlas hands - by Osprey - April 20, 2015, 01:27 PM
RE: Atlas hands - by Dante RIP - April 20, 2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Atlas hands - by Osprey - April 22, 2015, 03:45 PM
RE: Atlas hands - by Dante RIP - April 25, 2015, 02:32 AM
RE: Atlas hands - by Osprey - April 25, 2015, 05:35 PM