Bearclaw Valley faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens
English is my 7th language. Please excuse any errors, either grammatical or spelling-wise. I'm Mongolian, so English is far from my home. :3
45 Posts
Ooc — Saransatsr
Wow, them hormones. Néa isn't really caring at the moment, so don't hold it too much against her. She's veritably insane right now.

Néa tried her hardest, she truly did.

But the laughter wouldn't be silenced and it bubbled up inside her throat, rough and pained and entirely mirthless. It rose to a hysterical pitch, undulating in the distance between them. She didn't even know what was funny- and the thought shut her up very quickly, eyes pinned on the older female.

Feelings? What were they? Probably those little niggling things she felt trying to claw their way into her heart once again, though she beat them back with bloody teeth and wild eyes.

"I was long lost before I met you. Just... took a few looks at the true nature of the world to find who I really was. I did try, you know. To be like you. To love and be loved and think that the world truly could be a gentle and happy place. But it never occurred to me that you might be wrong. This world isn't meant to be gentle or soft or nice. It's full of blood and death. Trust will get you killed or hurt- even you know this." She huffed, teeth curling back.

"I didn't come back to join again. I don't want to be here, especially if this is... Nevermind, let's not shatter the fragility now. I can't..." Here, her mask cracked and she allowed a little of what was really below surface in weeping tears. "I can't be around people anymore.... You know what happened to my family? That was my fault. What happens to those who try and help me? They get hurt. I don't want to hurt you!!" She wiped her muzzle on her paws and sent a look of intent at the other, gaze a little skewed.

"I came to say goodbye, for the last time I would say. That's why I'm here, not to... abuse what kindness you offer!"