Redhawk Caldera Peel off her face and frantically chew her eyes [m]
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Although Fox snapped at him, Peregrine felt a flood of relief at her words. "I won't leave," he repeated after her, to further demonstrate that he would bend to her will, no matter what it was. The tears came thicker again. "I'll do everything I can to be a good father to them." He had already screwed up royally, with them and his previous litter. He was unsuitable to be a father. He wouldn't bring it up now but he was pretty sure he would never willingly reproduce again.

Peregrine said nothing when Fox informed him of the changes to their pack's ground rules. He simply nodded to acknowledge them. The caldera might have been their pack but by fucking up so badly, it had become her pack—well, hers and their children's. He was no longer its Alpha male. Again, the thought made his stomach curdle. But he wouldn't argue. His muzzle dropped toward his chest, his eyes downcast in utter defeat and acceptance of his fate.

He only looked up again when he heard the sounds of a wolf eating a kill. He swallowed as he watched Fox eat Junior's remains. Once more, he wondered what had become of her head. Had Fox already been here? Perhaps she had already eaten it or done something else with it. What did he care at this point? He did not want to share in the morbid meal, though he scooted tentatively closer.

"If you want me to help, I'll help," he ventured quietly after a moment. "Whatever I need to do to pay my dues."