Redtail Rise You came home, but do i really care?
102 Posts
Ooc —
Literally one of my favorite lines in Gone With The Wind. :P

Mercury had hoped, vainly he saw now, that Gunnar would offer him more of a welcoming reception than the one he had been provided, not knowing that his brother had been bitter about Mercury leaving. His search had initially been for Gyda who had disappeared with Ragnar's priestess, and he had found her on her way back to Stavanger Bay. Back to the Teekon Wilds. He had sent word with her that he intended to keep going, to go to Odinn's Cove. Flightless Falcon's had not been a stop he had meant to make, stumbling across them in a rather unceremonious way, but he did not regret it. “That isn't my name,” He had entirely denounced everything that had made him a Viking, if he'd ever been considered one at all. Of course, Mercury understood that Gunnar was simply returning the favor, but it rubbed him wrong that Gunnar would call him that, call him Ein, when he knew Mercury wanted nothing to do with anything the Vikings. Sure, the heathens had been useful, their battle tactics unlike anything he'd ever witnessed: brutal and cunning in it's magnificence but he did not wish to be one. He hadn't wanted to be one even before he knew the truth of his birth. Of their birth.

“I went searching for Gyda and I found her! Did she not inform you and mother of my plans as I asked her too?” What exactly had been Gyda doing for the past six months? Mercury assumed she had stayed within Stavanger Bay, not knowing any different. It never once occurred to him that she would leave without properly saying goodbye to Thistle (or Ragnar), nor that she would not even see Gunnar. “Since when did you stop being the favorite child and leave Stavanger Bay?” Mercury inquired, not wanting to stop making the verbal blows. He should have, he knew. It was beginning to look like all of this might be a huge misunderstanding and that verbally sparring with his brother might only make things worse, but damn it all if Mercury wasn't ready to let loose all the months of anger and bitterness he'd kept coiled up tight. Too tight; and Gunnar had started it — or so that was how it appeared to Mercury.

Things had been good in the Cove and even better in Flightless Falcons with the family he belonged too, a direct tribute to his grandfather and Redleaf-DiSarinno patriarch, Aether. Gunnar's snarl made no sense to Mercury, who was more focused upon the fact that Gunnar had launched himself at him, teeth snapping close to his cheek. Fleet of foot, Mercury had dodged the full force of Gunnar's dive, though his brother's teeth scraped his cheek. Mercury felt the flesh split beneath Gunnar's sharp canine, felt the warmth of blood as it welled and spilled forth, staining the short smoky black hairs with crimson. “What are you talking about?” Mercury demanded, confused. “Stop attacking me you asshole, and tell me who is dead!” Did Gunnar think that them pummeling one another was going to magically put the knowledge into Mercury's head, because Mercury was prepared to tell him different.
Messages In This Thread
You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - May 23, 2015, 09:29 AM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - May 24, 2015, 07:17 AM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Mercury - May 24, 2015, 07:45 AM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - May 24, 2015, 07:55 AM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - May 24, 2015, 08:36 AM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - May 24, 2015, 09:08 PM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - May 26, 2015, 08:28 AM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - May 26, 2015, 07:06 PM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - July 02, 2015, 06:54 PM