Redtail Rise You came home, but do i really care?
102 Posts
Ooc —
Mercury's frown deepened as Gunnar appeared to struggle with his memories and the timelines in which Gyda fit into it. Eyes of imperial green studied his brother for a moment, contemplative. “It is alright, Gunnar,” Mercury spoke in a murmur, his voice softened with understanding. “I do not have a good feeling about things with Gyda but she is a woman grown now,” Those words were painful, though not nearly as painful as the realization that he was more or less giving up the search. He could not spend his entire life tracking down their sister. He was worried but he had to believe that she would be okay — wherever she was. “And you are grieving the loss of Ragnar.” He shouldn't have pushed, nor should he have fought against Gunnar. They had opposing views on who was their true father (not in terms of biology) and there wasn't really anything wrong with that. Gunnar loved Ragnar as a father and Mercury loved Crete as a father, having had the actual chance to meet him and spend time with him. 

“Crete is mute,” Mercury told his brother, not wanting to get into it all over again especially so soon after they had agreed to disagree and threw up their white flags. “So it wasn't like he could tell her.” Mercury at one point had hated Crete, too, having made up the wild accusation that he had just left. As it turned out his assumption was missing huge chunks in it's makeup. “Like you would know, if Nerian'd been on her heat cycle,” Mercury spoke with an amused and teasing snort. Unless, Gunnar had well kept secrets from Mercury regarding his intimate life. After all, they'd all been kids when Nerian had been around, and while the dark skylark couldn't speak for his brother he could say that he wouldn't have noticed enough to know the difference. At the time he'd known rudimentary basics of it; he had some experience in such things these days (Victoria is a little worried about that, tbh, lol) not a lot. Not as much as say, Ragnar, but he knew how to do it, and accordingly knew the difference between heat cycle and not heat cycle. “Maybe,” But Mercury wasn't so confident that Ragnar'd been the kind of man to do what anyone else wanted him to do. That was what Ragnar and Nerian had claimed anyway.

Mercury was drawn out of his thoughts when Gunnar spoke again, his eyes focusing upon his brother when Gunnar looked down. A heavy inhale was taken by Mercury who let it out after a few seconds of holding it. “No, it's ok. I need to keep up on what uncle Perseus taught me so my skills don't go rusty,” Mercury probably should have left Gunnar do it, but he wanted to do it himself. “It's as you said: I probably deserved it.” Mercury didn't really believe it but if it made Gunnar feel better about attacking his own kin, then hey, Mercury wasn't going to argue over it again.
Messages In This Thread
You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - May 23, 2015, 09:29 AM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - May 24, 2015, 07:17 AM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - May 24, 2015, 07:55 AM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - May 24, 2015, 08:36 AM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - May 24, 2015, 09:08 PM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - May 26, 2015, 08:28 AM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - May 26, 2015, 07:06 PM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Mercury - May 30, 2015, 05:14 AM
RE: You came home, but do i really care? - by Gunnar - July 02, 2015, 06:54 PM