Redhawk Caldera I'm the holy water you can't live without
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He took no issue with Nightjar's honest answers. He knew his son quite well and his no-nonsense attitude actually brought a smile to the Alpha's face. There was part of Peregrine that aspired to be more like the boy, a creature of few words but sharp instincts. Of course, he knew he was too temperamental and sentimental for that, though he was glad to find the quality in his own offspring.

"You're not wrong," Peregrine replied, "though not all wolves can hunt. The young, the old, the sick... they can't hunt for themselves, so they rely on the pack to provide for them. That's what being a Gamekeeper is all about: keeping your pack mates fed. It's mostly about being a decent hunter but it's a lot about knowing how and where to store meat. More than that, it's about work ethic and working for the greater good. You see, the young will eat the food and grow up to be strong members of the pack. The sick will eat the food and get better, becoming useful once more. And the old, well, they did their fair share and we keep them nourished out of love and respect."

He wouldn't push the trade on Nightjar, by any means. He knew better than that now. So Peregrine didn't try to sell it further. He would let his words sink into the pup's brain, then waited to see if he had any other questions or comments. The Alpha would be happy to field them. After all, he was not only a Gamekeeper, he was a proud Caretaker too. It was his job to mentor the pack's youth, to guide them, and he took that job most seriously with his own three children.
Messages In This Thread
I'm the holy water you can't live without - by Nightjar - August 02, 2015, 06:42 AM
RE: I'm the holy water you can't live without - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 10, 2015, 09:40 AM