Redhawk Caldera I'm the holy water you can't live without
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Although he didn't take offense at his son's next question, it took him aback a little. "Everyone gets sick or injured at some point in their lives. If we didn't take care of each other, we would all die and the species would go extinct. Besides, we wouldn't be pack animals if we didn't all give and take a little. And those who are hurt or ill, they get better and then they give back. It all balances out in the end," the father explained, hoping that made sense to the pragmatic, instinct-driven Nightjar.

"That's what trades are all about: balance," Peregrine continued after a moment. "Each of us has strengths and weaknesses. We all complement one another. For instance, Raven's not the best hunter but she gives back by providing medicine for the sick. And you don't know much about that but you provide meat. If we were all the same, it wouldn't make for a very good pack dynamic. Plus, it would be boring as hell."

The storm was rolling in right overhead now. It would be hard to make himself heard soon. Well, that was more than enough words for now anyhow. Maybe the two of them could resume hunting together or perhaps Nightjar would head off on a patrol soon and wouldn't mind if his old man tailed him. Peregrine remained still and silent, giving his son a look as if to ask, What next?
Messages In This Thread
I'm the holy water you can't live without - by Nightjar - August 02, 2015, 06:42 AM
RE: I'm the holy water you can't live without - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 13, 2015, 08:01 PM