new as the rising sun
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
She didn't say anything at first, but she did smile softly. It was enough. Prompted forwards, Tryphon took a few sluggish steps and came to a stop next to her - but not too close - as if to lightly test the boundaries. Her comment caught him by surprise; there was no response needed to that either, so he sat quietly. When Kaskara apologized, Tryphon's yellow face went from passive (apprehensive?) to concerned, but only briefly. It wasn't necessary for her to apologize; it had been his own desire to wander off from the group, and so it was his own fault that he was a stranger to the bulk of the pack.

"I can't imagine that returning to us just at the brink of disaster has been easy for you," she concluded, and then another silence budded between them. Tryphon didn't realize she wanted a response until things started to feel awkward and displaced. Maybe he had spent too much time away from other wolves - or maybe he just wasn't sure what to do, in general. He half expected more condemnation for his actions.

"Its.. I don't know," he spoke slowly, as if trying to process what she had said, over and over again. Yes, it was hard, but he did not miss the land like everyone else did. He did not mourn it so strongly. "The hardest part was.. Seeing how disappointed Scimitar was." Or had it been anger? Tryphon couldn't remember the specifics, only that he'd made a promise. "I don't think... I don't think he trusts me." But then, Tryphon hardly trusted himself either.
Messages In This Thread
new as the rising sun - by Kaskara - August 11, 2015, 07:26 PM
RE: new as the rising sun - by Larus - August 11, 2015, 07:48 PM
RE: new as the rising sun - by Kaskara - August 14, 2015, 08:41 AM
RE: new as the rising sun - by Larus - August 14, 2015, 03:16 PM
RE: new as the rising sun - by Kaskara - August 22, 2015, 06:32 AM
RE: new as the rising sun - by Larus - August 22, 2015, 04:16 PM
RE: new as the rising sun - by Kaskara - September 07, 2015, 02:04 PM
RE: new as the rising sun - by Larus - September 12, 2015, 04:24 PM
RE: new as the rising sun - by Kaskara - September 17, 2015, 09:12 AM