Swiftcurrent Creek Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining)
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
OOC: It's Jinx, with an I. :P Sorry to nitpick! Just really anal about it. @_@

IC: Once, she had been a master at stealth. She had slipped through the bleeding alders of her home unseen, adopting the silence of shadows as easily as if she could melt into them herself. Those days had come and gone, in part due to all of the unfortunate events that had taken from her a passion for her past life, but she was still good at it. She still stuck to the dark as much as possible, and retained her penchant for following others without actually speaking to them. In the days since her miscarriage and her promotion, it had become even more important to her to keep updated while also being unseen, for their collective pity was unwelcome.

To that end, the Beta stalked the borders, and more specifically, stalked her young charge. She was tall, but she took pleasure in observing Ira's growth and concluding that he might even exceed her height, if she was projecting his growth spurt correctly. He was proving himself an asset, not only to her but to the pack, though there was no doubt in her mind that Fox hadn't been to see him yet. Jinx had the distinct feeling that underage youths were of next to no importance to the Alpha, even if that feeling was unfounded at best.

Ira found a newcomer, and Jinx found him too, spurred by the howl, but for the time being remained on the very fringe of their chance encounter. No doubt if they looked hard enough, they would spot the stark white Kesuk watching them, with one black-tipped paw suspended in a pensive way. The newcomer was dark-furred, which would make him difficult to distinguish from Haunter, but where her pack mate was large and imposing and certainly brooding, this one was barely even an adult. He had the coltish look of a yearling, which would only add to the recent contingent of yearlings in the pack... And to the pack's overall lack of experience.

Nevertheless, the Beta chose to hang back and observe their exchange, interested in how Ira handled himself, as well as how the newcomer behaved. If he was but a simple yearling with simple yearling behaviours, she might rigorously test his abilities... But if he was mature in any way, then perhaps when she revealed herself, she would be kinder.
Messages In This Thread
Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jace - March 25, 2014, 05:08 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jace - March 25, 2014, 07:34 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jinx - March 25, 2014, 07:49 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jace - March 25, 2014, 08:31 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jace - March 27, 2014, 08:09 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jinx - March 27, 2014, 08:31 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jace - April 09, 2014, 12:38 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jinx - April 09, 2014, 03:13 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jace - April 11, 2014, 09:17 AM