Swiftcurrent Creek Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining)
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
BARGING IN hai. Tokio! You can assume Jinx barges in halfway through your next post or at the end of it so Ira has a chance to respond to Jace himself. :P Sorry Jinx is a weird Beta, she's testing Jace's patience more than anything to make sure he's not got anger issues >_> I promise she'll accept him

From where she was, she couldn't hear everything they said, but she could see the heated sparks as though they literally flew between the youths. Being judgemental and biased herself, the Beta would have sided with Ira if she could hear the argument, probably only because he was a pack wolf and the dark-furred newcomer was not. It was their anger she could sense, though it was for the moment withheld, from what she could tell. Curiosity piqued, the dark-footed woman stole forward, blowing her own cover before either of the youths could fully erupt at the other. In her approach, she could make out Jace's words, as well as Ira's response.

She placed herself smoothly at Ira's side, with her ears pivoted in Jace's direction and her eyes aloof on him. Her stance may not have made her any taller than either of the boys (in reality Chelsie doesn't know if she's bigger or not), but the rigid way she held herself nevertheless made her seem larger than both of them, if only in authority. "Peace, Ira," she mumbled, suspecting the lone yearling had done something to rile her charge rather than realizing Ira himself was to blame. "You must not let loners get under your skin. They are disadvantaged."

As judgemental as that sounded, the woman levelled her gaze on Jace with full intent of treating him fairly. Quite unorthodox in her approach, however, she began with her own little lecture. "I would argue that it is wonderful diplomacy," she began, the corner of her lip lifting ever so slightly. "Who's to say you are not just an angry little boy that flies off the handle at the slightest instant, and solves his problem with his teeth and not his words? You would not fit here. Is it not wise to root out such behavioural problems before admitting one into your home?" It sounded rhetorical, but in fact she was looking for an answer to gauge the youth's sense of reason. It also sounded insulting, but that was Jinx trying to rile him up, to see how he dealt with it.

"You say you are a strong hunter who hunted cohesively with your father?" If she was impressed by this, she didn't say it. Admittedly, Jinx had never hunted with her father, probably because he had died at her birth, but if she had, she probably wouldn't have successfully taken down any large prey with him, so it was impressive nonetheless. "You are set in your ways. You are used to hunting as a duo. Here, you will not hunt as duos. You will hunt in a team, and will be expected to play your role in the hunt perfectly, even if it is a menial role. You may not even get to be the one to attack the prey, sometimes." She paused, assessing his reaction, before saying, "It is good to be able to hunt with your father, but that means you always had half the glory, and did not have to learn to work in tandem with several others. That will not be the case here. I expect your ego will not be a problem?"
Messages In This Thread
Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jace - March 25, 2014, 05:08 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jace - March 25, 2014, 07:34 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jinx - March 25, 2014, 07:49 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jace - March 25, 2014, 08:31 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jace - March 27, 2014, 08:09 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jinx - March 27, 2014, 08:31 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jace - April 09, 2014, 12:38 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jinx - April 09, 2014, 03:13 PM
RE: Whistle for me and I'll come (IC Joining) - by Jace - April 11, 2014, 09:17 AM