Firestone Hot Springs I need a lullaby, a kiss goodnight
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
All Welcome 
All of Steady's steadiness and sense appeared to have fled Mason's head. With the thought of moving their pack across the mountain to please both the new and the old alpha, Mason's eyes flashed with hurt. Alphas. Pah! So much for bringing Mason up to follow in his footsteps. Not knowing how unconventional a choice it would be, Mason had always assumed (yes, assumed, not hoped) he would run the pack alongside his Dad as Alpha. What was wrong? Had he not done enough?

Yet another stab to the heart.

The young near-teen blinked his tears aside angrily. He was sick of crying over the decisions made by his Dad which had thrown all of his world into chaos. He had descended the mountain and taken an unusual trip across the scent boundaries towards the hot springs. He had never ever met a wolf who wasn't part of their pack before but he didn't feel too nervous - although he was grateful it was a bright sunny autumn morning because he wasn't feeling too thrilled about being alone after the incident with Shardul.

Mason shook out his fur under the full gaze of the sun and looked about him. He felt warm for the first time in a long time, as the mist given off by the springs lingered around him like a smelly cloak. He didn't relish the smell, and immediately discounted the idea of founding his new pack here. Wolves wouldn't join. That didn't mean he couldn't have a look around though.

Mason walked over to a large pool and looked down at the water, like an extension of the glass cave. He pressed his paw onto the surface and found his three-toned fur sank deep into a blissful warmth. "Ahhh" he breathed questioningly, automatically looking around to ask his Dad what it was that made the water so warm. His ears quivered as he realised his mistake, and he sullenly looked back down at the pool. Mason was sure that the sulphur smell must be stinging his eyes into crying again, because there could be no other reason big fat drops were dribbling to meld with the water below and cast ripples across his wavering reflection.
Messages In This Thread
I need a lullaby, a kiss goodnight - by Mason - October 25, 2015, 01:45 PM
RE: I need a lullaby, a kiss goodnight - by Asterr - October 27, 2015, 03:23 PM
RE: I need a lullaby, a kiss goodnight - by Mason - October 28, 2015, 08:40 AM
RE: I need a lullaby, a kiss goodnight - by Asterr - November 04, 2015, 01:08 AM
RE: I need a lullaby, a kiss goodnight - by Mason - November 23, 2015, 03:09 AM
RE: I need a lullaby, a kiss goodnight - by Asterr - November 24, 2015, 08:14 PM
RE: I need a lullaby, a kiss goodnight - by Mason - December 15, 2015, 02:58 PM
RE: I need a lullaby, a kiss goodnight - by Asterr - December 16, 2015, 12:39 AM
RE: I need a lullaby, a kiss goodnight - by Mason - January 04, 2016, 03:06 AM
RE: I need a lullaby, a kiss goodnight - by Asterr - January 05, 2016, 11:58 PM
RE: I need a lullaby, a kiss goodnight - by Mason - January 07, 2016, 06:34 AM
RE: I need a lullaby, a kiss goodnight - by Asterr - January 08, 2016, 01:42 AM