Great Bear Wilderness New kids on the block
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
It was clear by the looks on their faces that neither knew of Tytonidae. "Ah, just a family member I haven't seen in a while. Never mind," Peregrine replied lightly. He wondered where she might have gone, though he didn't dwell on it. He would always love his sweet eldest child and he liked to think she had moved onto greener pastures somewhere.

The conversation remained focus on his younger child, the fieriest of the Firebirds. He listened intently to Charon's answer. It was a good one. Nowhere in there did he mention or even allude to any romantic interest in his little girl. Peregrine's eyes narrowed thoughtfully, then shifted to Floki. The younger male didn't seem to have anything to add. The fact that two young males—one older than Wildfire and the other younger, by the look of it—wanted to recruit Wildfire couldn't be a coincidence.

But though he felt a protective instinct over all his children, including his daughters, the fact that these two were the fruit of Ragnar's loins scored them major points in the Redhawk's eyes. If he recalled correctly, the old viking was late for his next birthday. But he had left behind some strong sons, by the look of it, even though the math might not have added up if Peregrine had taken the time to think about it more carefully.

"The choice ultimately belongs to no one but Wildfire," the swarthy wolf said to both of them, "but it heartens me, knowing you're Ragnar's boys. He and I go way back, sort of." They had never been pack mates. They hadn't even really been friends. But they had been allies of sorts, with a mutual respect. "Your dad looked after one of my daughters when she was lost as a pup. So if Wifi does end up here, it's sort of poetic that his sons would look after another one of my girls," he mused.

He paused thoughtfully for a few beats, then said, "If she does come here, you will be very lucky wolves. Everything you said about her is correct. She is on the quiet side and not particularly ambitious when it comes to rank but I have never known a more driven wolf. She had three trades by the time she was six months old, if not earlier. You'll be very lucky to have her," he repeated, sounding very much like a proud papa bear in that moment, "and you'd better take good care of her."
Messages In This Thread
New kids on the block - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 21, 2015, 01:15 PM
RE: New kids on the block - by Floki - October 21, 2015, 04:56 PM
RE: New kids on the block - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 21, 2015, 07:09 PM
RE: New kids on the block - by Charon - October 22, 2015, 08:14 AM
RE: New kids on the block - by Floki - October 23, 2015, 12:11 PM
RE: New kids on the block - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 25, 2015, 03:18 PM
RE: New kids on the block - by Charon - October 26, 2015, 02:28 PM
RE: New kids on the block - by Floki - October 26, 2015, 04:53 PM
RE: New kids on the block - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 26, 2015, 06:12 PM
RE: New kids on the block - by Charon - October 27, 2015, 05:57 AM
RE: New kids on the block - by Floki - October 27, 2015, 12:14 PM