Witch's Marsh broken arrows
162 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Whatever instinct was compelling him not to come to the coyote's aid was overtaken by empathy when she told him she chewed her own leg off. It struck to close to home for the recently blinded boy, who had to remove his own eye to spare his blood from an infection that would have killed him. Gingerly, he nosed around her leg until he could see in his mind's eye what was left for him to treat.

"I can help. Wait here," he said softly. He turned and with his nose to the ground scenting his own pawprints, he traced his path back to the grove. He was deliberate in his quest, and soon gathered a thick supply of cobweb and a few choice plants whose locations he had remembered from his scouting.

When he returned, he crouched beside her and set to work. "This might sting a bit, but bear..." he paused abruptly, swallowing thickly. "Bear with me." His tongue gently removed bits of debris and earth that had become lodged in her wound, before he gathered two plants between his teeth - one for pain, and one to promote healing and prevent infection - and chewed them into a mash which he applied thereafter. He pulled large swaths of cobweb from the stick he used to gather it, and binded her leg until, when he touched around with his nose he could feel no more raw, open wound. Just fur and cobweb.

"That should help," he murmured. "Your leg's not going to grow back but I mean, it could heal over and you'll be able to get around well enough with three."
Messages In This Thread
broken arrows - by Regipre - October 19, 2015, 09:29 PM
RE: broken arrows - by Kris' First Swift - October 21, 2015, 05:56 PM
RE: broken arrows - by Regipre - October 21, 2015, 07:04 PM
RE: broken arrows - by Kris' First Swift - October 22, 2015, 06:06 PM
RE: broken arrows - by Regipre - October 26, 2015, 09:59 AM
RE: broken arrows - by Kris' First Swift - November 06, 2015, 03:44 PM
RE: broken arrows - by Regipre - November 06, 2015, 10:43 PM
RE: broken arrows - by Kris' First Swift - November 08, 2015, 05:21 PM
RE: broken arrows - by Regipre - November 08, 2015, 06:47 PM
RE: broken arrows - by Kris' First Swift - November 08, 2015, 07:28 PM