Blacktail Deer Plateau shiver my timbers (join)
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
As Kraken explained, comprehension dawned on Peregrine and he muttered to himself, "The sirens..." He remembered a similar pack back in Seahawk Valley, though he presently couldn't recall its name. He'd never had anything to do with it, seeing as the she-wolves there shunned males as some sort of fodder. Although Peregrine enjoyed powerful women, he naturally didn't particularly approve of the sirens' ways.

Nor did he like knowing that Kraken had been essentially held captive by their ilk. "Well," Peregrine said when the youth finished, "good." He paused, then asked, "Are you all right? How long have you been on the lam? And how old are you, Kraken?"

He didn't really try to resist the fatherly instincts roiling within him, though Peregrine stopped short of wanting to take the boy in as his own or anything of the sort. He simply felt the urge to protect him, particularly from these women who'd maltreat him because of his gender, and Kraken appeared to be old enough to actually contribute in some ways. If Peregrine did give in to the urge to open his home to the boy, he would make sure Kraken pulled his weight, as a matter of fact.

After giving the youngster a chance to answer his previous questions, the Alpha male posed a few more. "Do you have any skills, kid, besides evidently being very scrappy and fast on your feet? And if I were to take you into my my ranks—onto my 'crew,' as it were—would you pledge your loyalty? And make a point of repaying me for giving you a home?" He knew that a child could change his mind at any time, so Peregrine wouldn't put too much stock into any pledges. All the same, he wanted to know of Kraken's particular intentions in this situation.
Messages In This Thread
shiver my timbers (join) - by Kraken Wolf - April 02, 2014, 09:55 PM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 03, 2014, 09:10 AM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Kraken Wolf - April 03, 2014, 01:49 PM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 03, 2014, 02:23 PM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Kraken Wolf - April 03, 2014, 03:34 PM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 03, 2014, 03:51 PM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Kraken Wolf - April 04, 2014, 11:36 AM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 04, 2014, 11:48 AM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Kraken Wolf - April 04, 2014, 12:57 PM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 14, 2014, 09:26 AM