Sing to the stars, they always listen though they never hear
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Shall we fade to black after your next post? That'll take it up to 10, and then we can do a more recent one. :D Maybe a den-digging one?! I've made reference to Ferdie sharing the 'tree bowl' with her several times in other posts, but never that she had a den.

Ferdie was well over twice Bazi's size, and the two wrestled awkwardly with the limited space between the roots. They would need to schedule a den-digging day very soon, or suffer with bad backs and shared fleas (should either of them be so unfortunate). Eventually, the older wolf found a comfortable position, and his smaller roommate curled into a tight, fuzzy ball in the crescent formed by his body. His kind words and rumbling tone soothed her like a balm. He sounded like Amon - or like Amon would have, had he been 3 or 4 at the time of Bazi's conception, and not a 8.

"I'm crap at hunting deer," she admitted, nuzzling into her own tail with closed eyes. "I'm really, really good at fish, though. But they don't have good skins. Maybe I can chase it.. it's just the take-down that I'm really bad at... and sometimes I trip on my own feet." Her words were starting to blur together. "There was this one time.. with Mari.. Two just .. and deer .."

Soft snores filled the air around their little bowl.