Ankyra Sound i need you now
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Sad Ryan is sad :/. Little bit of a power play with Caiaphas' attack.

In Reek's state of anticipatory tension, he didn't notice Pantaleimon's collapse until he was already splayed on the ground. He payed the mystery sickness no mind, dispelling it as a simple cough or something of a similar strain to what had affected Reek weeks prior. His initial assessment suggested nothing like this however. Pantaleimon faded fast and his condition rapidly deteriorated in an instant. The life he once had, had all but slipped away. Delirious ramblings spewed from the dying wolf's mouth and Reek hardly understood the intention of his final words.  Something about pups. Perry's pups, or Reek's own eventual brood? Either way, Reek would fulfill his dying wish... somehow.  

"Pants— stay," he pleaded, but the healer in him knew his words would have null effect.  All there was left to do was watch his friend take one final and ragged breath before slipping away forever. He wanted to run to him, to fix things... to do something. But, instead he stood rigid between Caiaphas and his dying friend. The slow rise and fall of Pantaleimon's chest finally ceased, and Reek was consumed by grief.  

He wanted to collapse— to heave on the ground and wail at no one in particular, but he couldn't dwell on the dead for long.  Caiaphas quickly stole his attention away from the corpse with a ruthless shriek. The words hardly registered in the moment, but the intention was fully felt: she was out for blood. Like a drunk man with a jigsaw puzzle, Reek forced pieces together that didn't fit, but in his grief it was the only thing that made sense.

This was a trap.  She lured him here to watch his friend die.

Reek toppled sidelong into the sand at the force of her onslaught, it's sheer physicality taking him by surprise. The sharp sting of teeth puncturing his flank clouded his senses and he yelped in pain. Teeth tore away flesh and sinew, leaving an open wound a the base of his front left shoulder. "What did you do to him?!" He managed to shout though the pain. It had to be her fault. All her fault.

Grief gave way to fury and Reek snarled, barring his teeth from below the attacking Sea Witch. From there, he would snap at her stomach, taking with him what he could.
Messages In This Thread
i need you now - by Pantaleimon - November 27, 2015, 03:24 PM
RE: i need you now - by Reek - November 27, 2015, 04:12 PM
RE: i need you now - by Pantaleimon - November 27, 2015, 05:43 PM
RE: i need you now - by Caiaphas - November 27, 2015, 05:54 PM
RE: i need you now - by Reek - December 01, 2015, 12:29 PM
RE: i need you now - by Pantaleimon - December 02, 2015, 11:42 AM
RE: i need you now - by Reek - December 05, 2015, 12:52 PM
RE: i need you now - by Pantaleimon - December 06, 2015, 07:03 AM
RE: i need you now - by Caiaphas - December 08, 2015, 02:31 PM
RE: i need you now - by Reek - December 09, 2015, 10:38 AM
RE: i need you now - by Pantaleimon - December 10, 2015, 07:49 AM