Whitefish River Summer dress
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
"Dragons?" wondered Jinx in a voice that was devoid of any undercurrent of condescension. The young Kesuk had grown up on stories of bears and spirits and loa, with no room for dragons, and so she had no concept of what a dragon might be. The word was unfamiliar to her, and so she asked with the curiosity of one who truly did not know rather than the scepticism most adults might supply.

Though she hadn't met any mercenaries herself, having always lived amongst wolves who were more grounded, she could understand the term. The notion was attractive, and more than once Jinx had entertained a fantasy of running off into the sunset and offering her services for food and protection, with no other responsibilities. Sadly, she had never been much of a wanderer, would find little adventure past the horizon, and was much too ambitious besides. It was no life for her. Bagheera wore about him the look of a man who could handle himself in the wilds, but she was ignorant of what little signs told a lifelong vagabond from a momentary traveller. Every wolf residing in these lands had wandered to get here, yet what features made a mercenary, she could not tell. She could assume from his looks that they were ruggedly handsome, perceptive, and strong... But not much else.

Having been whisked away in this brief fantasy, Jinx's concentration on what was really happening had become scarce. She caught only the most obvious things Bagheera said and did, not noticing any of his smaller, idler habits, should he have shown any. He drew her attention back with a question whose answer was much more vast than she could tell. Lately, she had opted for drastically shorter versions of her history that left out a lot of the details of her faith and former pack.

"Only if you tell me why you are," she began with a sly glance, but continued regardless of his answer. "Large families require large plots of land," Jinx began, gesturing for him to walk with her along the river side, if he pleased. "My sister and I were too alike in our ambition for the territory of our ancestors. When my mother abandoned the pack, we were both appointed its guardians, but it wasn't large enough to contain the both of us. The tension was too high, and my sister was bigger, fatter, and stronger, so I chose to find my place elsewhere." There was a lot of other back-story about jealousy and Gods and spirits and visions of fire that she left out intentionally. "I have my eye on the solitary mountain to the west. It is not so large nor hospitable as some of the other mountains, but lacks the hornet's nests that are the eastern packs."

Oh, yes, Jinx never hesitated to drip in a drop of poison regarding Blacktail Deer Plateau and Northstar Vale. Gossiping had never been one of her favourite activities, but now the two enemy packs seemed to come up at least once in every conversation, likely due to her frustrated fixation on the wolves who had bested her in combat from them both. It was, pettiness aside, a selling point of Silvertip Mountain for her.
Messages In This Thread
Summer dress - by Jinx - April 03, 2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 04, 2014, 09:18 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 05, 2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 07, 2014, 11:46 AM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 07, 2014, 01:42 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 07, 2014, 09:29 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 08, 2014, 08:59 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 09, 2014, 12:41 AM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 09, 2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 16, 2014, 02:12 AM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 16, 2014, 03:42 PM