Lost Creek Hollow i know what i was feeling, but what was i thinking
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
i feel like ilya discovers everything, but no one's responded yet so i'm going for it xP poor luke ): i'm also gonna assume even backdated it'd still be snowy? 

It was rather cold recently, and although the long fur of the black wolf had kept her warm she had found no interest in lounging around; staying on the move kept her body heat raised. Ilya had been tracking a strange scent this morning. It was the cougar, she actually had grown to believe, but she was more concerned with it's victim. She'd been hunting just outside the territories border this morning, and after a disappointing hunt the girl was unsure if she should head back or try something else; she disliked coming back empty pawed, although during this season it was hard to do so. After sitting down for a rest, perhaps not so well deserved but still needed, Ilya discovered a strange scent. Blood.

The scent was everywhere, and now that she was paying attention the blood itself was littered all over the place. It seemed the ditzy female had been too focused on her hunt to have even noticed the trail. 

Ilya stood, her head cocking to one side as she viewed the scene. She could not tell if it was wolf blood or animal blood, she could smell a familiar, fishy scent of a cougar. The stench was strong, and even through attempting to figure out who or what it was, the black wolf had no success- she was not very good at remembering scents to begin with. So, hoping it was a large prey of some sort that the big cat mauled and left to die, she set off after the trail; not even concerned if the cat was still there or not. Then again, she assumed she would scent it a little better, and currently, she didn't.

Growing closer to the victim, Ilya became aware of a specific scent. It wasn't in the blood, she would've scented it earlier; she became wary. Walking with a lowered head, the black female grew closer, and soon she found what she had feared. No prey, no lone wolf, but her packmate and friend. 

"Luke..." she choked out, crawling towards him. She licked gingerly at a wound along his shoulder, hoping to clean it a little or to stir him a bit more. He twitched sporadically but she was unaware if he would pass soon or if he was simply struggling- but it doesn't look good. She stood and let out a howl, alerting her pack. She howled as loudly as she could, hoping that everyone could hear.
Messages In This Thread
i know what i was feeling, but what was i thinking - by Luke - December 27, 2015, 01:31 PM
RE: i know what i was feeling, but what was i thinking - by Ilya - December 30, 2015, 01:01 PM