Lost Creek Hollow it's the king's turn
my rap is a harpoon
51 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Root responded that she didn't have a bunking partner either, and for a moment Lagon was silent as he contemplated why she'd decided to bring it up in the first place. It had been kind of an odd question to simply have it trail off and end with both of them confirming that, no, they did not have anyone to bunk with. There was only one logical path that Lagon's mind could follow at this point, and though perhaps it was a strange thing to ask, especially because they didn't really know one another but he found himself asking her aloud, “Well, do you wanna bunk together?”. If whole packs could bunk together, with more than one being a kind of stranger he didn't think bunking with Root would be any different (or as bad). Lagon wasn't necessarily shy but he'd never asked a girl to bunk with him that wasn't Scatha ...and that didn't count because they were siblings, and a resulting blush warmed his cheeks though he was glad that he had dark fur to keep it from being visible. And it didn't mean anything beyond what it was: pack-mates looking to avoid hypothermia. There wasn't anything wrong with that. 

Just because Lagon didn't happen to have any examples of a male and female sharing a den that weren't siblings or mates off the top of his head beside Sveinx and Seoul (which didn't count because they were not-so-secret lovers) didn't mean it wasn't a regularly occurring thing. “I mean it would probably keep us from losing our toes with the combined body heat and I'm rather fond of my toes.” Lagon felt lame as the words left his mouth but it was ...kind of true. Get him around a pretty girl and apparently Lagon lost all of his shit and became a messy ball of awkward. Had Sveinx ever acted this way around any women? No. Lagon's father had been the epitome of cool and suave. Like a wolf  James Bond. Some of that natural charisma would have been really nice at the moment.

There was some relief when she agreed to the patrolling together thing, though his lips twitched ever so slightly upwards when she bumped her shoulder to his lightly. Lagon had watched her lope ahead and as soon as he realized she'd cut off his path he applied the breaks, steps ceasing as a “Hey!” left his lips on a laugh. “I'll have you know that I'm very good at keeping borders patrolled and peed upon,” Joking aside though he took his job seriously. “I ran a lot of patrols with my dad, and he might have been old but he wasn't obsolete.” That age garnered wisdom and a lot of life experience that Lagon had wished Sveinx could have taught him. It seemed that only living to that ripe age allowed for that kind of experience and it wasn't something anyone could teach. “In all seriousness, though, the safety of this pack is my first concern.”
Messages In This Thread
it's the king's turn - by Ancalagon - December 16, 2015, 05:17 PM
RE: it's the king's turn - by Root - December 20, 2015, 09:09 PM
RE: it's the king's turn - by Ancalagon - December 22, 2015, 06:39 PM
RE: it's the king's turn - by Root - December 26, 2015, 10:57 PM
RE: it's the king's turn - by Ancalagon - December 27, 2015, 07:19 AM
RE: it's the king's turn - by Root - December 27, 2015, 11:15 AM
RE: it's the king's turn - by Ancalagon - December 27, 2015, 11:43 AM
RE: it's the king's turn - by Root - December 31, 2015, 08:23 PM
RE: it's the king's turn - by Ancalagon - January 01, 2016, 06:45 AM
RE: it's the king's turn - by Root - January 09, 2016, 04:37 PM
RE: it's the king's turn - by Ancalagon - January 10, 2016, 06:43 AM