Silvertip Mountain You think that it's funny when I'm mad
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
A glimpse into Blue Willow's mind would have revealed Jinx in her adolescence. She had once thought much the same way about good relations and neighbourly attitudes. That had changed when Tartok had settled on Neverwinter's arse, and when wolves from other packs had berated her for leaving her own for reasons she considered legitimate. It had especially changed with the hostility between Swiftcurrent Creek and Northstar Vale. Jinx was now a misanthropist in wolf terms, with no interest in her neighbours and nothing but ill wishes for all of them.

Naturally, she couldn't tell Blue Willow this, not while the healer was being so polite. Though she did not let up her cold exterior, she nevertheless proved herself to be a lot more tolerant than she let on by allowing the continued presence of the black-haired female. Speaking to her only made her seem warmer, though any onlooker would be quick to argue that she was incredibly rude about it all.

"I see," Jinx muttered, casting her gaze over Blue Willow's shoulder and across the valley. After a pregnant pause, the Kesuk launched into a classically suspicious interrogation session, beginning with, "why should they want to know?" It was a simply stated question, and an obvious one at that, but there was something very accusatory about the way she said it... As if she imagined they wanted to try to annihilate her and her wolves before they settled. If that was true, then she had to wonder what the Alphas held against her.

Of course, all this was paranoid speculation sparked by Blue Willow's curiosity. It was harmless curiosity, but in the hands of a naturally suspicious woman, it grew like wildfire into something much more sinister. "Are your Alphas suspecting something? Do you mean to tell them of my claim so they can come and overthrow me? Do you believe I am a threat to your pack?" I very much assure you, I am, she mentally added. She couldn't have blamed them if that was the reality of it. She had staked her claim pretty close, after all... But then again, there was a whole flatland separating them.

"I assume Hawkeye is still your leader. If you are so keen to report to your leaders when I have done nothing to incite your suspicion about myself, then you can also tell Hawkeye that no mercy will be given to any wolf who comes near my mountain. That goes for all." It spoke volumes that Jinx hadn't outright chased Blue Willow away for her curiosity... But, of course, there was an undercurrent of cowardice. She had nobody to back her up way out here until she summoned the others. Warrior or not, Jinx was not honourable enough to engage in single combat with Blue Willow's pack within literal howling distance.
Messages In This Thread
You think that it's funny when I'm mad - by Jinx - April 13, 2014, 03:08 PM
RE: You think that it's funny when I'm mad - by Jinx - April 13, 2014, 04:20 PM
RE: You think that it's funny when I'm mad - by Jinx - April 13, 2014, 08:00 PM
RE: You think that it's funny when I'm mad - by Jinx - April 13, 2014, 11:53 PM
RE: You think that it's funny when I'm mad - by Jinx - April 14, 2014, 01:23 PM