Silvertip Mountain Joining
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She seemed like she understood what he was saying, for which he was glad. However, he felt he should add, If you ever get into trouble, or have any questions, or need anything at all, don't hesitate to call for me. Steady was nothing if not dedicated to his pack mates.

He nodded his understanding when she explained her other senses seemed heightened. He grinned when she admitted she didn't know how she hadn't seen him before he came upon her. I didn't get to be such an adept Mercenary by not being able to conceal myself, he confided, not at all ashamed of his abilities, though it wasn't often he boasted about them.

He became serious again at her next question. Work, he said simply at first, before elaborating. My main focus has always been the well-being of my pack mates. We aren't simply a pack here. When you're accepted into this pack, you're accepted into a family, and I'm very protective of my family. I make sure everyone feels safe, and comfortable here, to the best of my ability. The Alpha's seen that, and so they felt it fitting to promote me to Beta, where I can continue to work. He wondered how many wolves thought being a leader meant you had less responsibility. But, in reality, the leaders had to look out for each and every one of the pack mates. In addition, he had to make sure the wolves he accepted held the same values as the pack.

Feeling confident about her abilities, said made the decision official. Welcome to the pack... Ahhh... He just realized he had never asked her name. What a newbie mistake. I'm sorry, what's your name? he asked with a grin. I'm Steady, he offered.

Turning towards the borders, he invited her in. You're welcome to explore the territory as you see fit, he said. I could show you around, as well, if you like, he offered.

Welcome to Silvertip Mountain! We can wrap this up, if you like. If Mara Susi would like Steady to show her around the territory, we can make a new thread for that. :-)
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
Joining - by Mara Susi - January 24, 2016, 09:09 PM
RE: Joining - by Steady - January 24, 2016, 09:20 PM
RE: Joining - by Mara Susi - January 24, 2016, 10:06 PM
RE: Joining - by Steady - January 25, 2016, 06:04 PM
RE: Joining - by Mara Susi - January 25, 2016, 06:30 PM
RE: Joining - by Steady - January 25, 2016, 06:56 PM
RE: Joining - by Mara Susi - January 25, 2016, 07:13 PM
RE: Joining - by Steady - January 25, 2016, 07:46 PM
RE: Joining - by Mara Susi - January 25, 2016, 08:11 PM
RE: Joining - by Steady - January 25, 2016, 09:08 PM