Whitefish River Summer dress
14 Posts
Ooc —
Although he'd spoken nearly mockingly of mercenaries when mentioning them previously, he was not beyond accepting that he had become one after exile. He filed very neatly into the very simple definition; he just wasn't about to remain there. I joined them with the intention of leaving in the spring, as I did, was his simple answer to her question. Few leaders would allow wolves to enter their ranks who admitted to only passing through, but this one had suspected he would be useful during the harsh winter months. Bagheera had utterly kept his word to him in return.

Also, and I can’t imagine why— he drawled dryly, pausing a moment for effect,—but it would seem my continued presence comes off as a threat.

The sympathy Jinx expressed was met with silent acceptance. He hadn't expected it, nor had he actually wanted it, but there it was. Circumstances might have been different if any one of a hundred elements had been altered, but it all came down to the fact that they’d been at this throughout their entire lives and Bagheera had lost during the most important confrontation. That same fact was also why Sabor had been forced to exile his brother, even if it had just been blind rage driving him like a stoked locomotive. His actions had been unavoidable. The two brothers were living proof of the outright folly of two natural alpha males coexisting. Bagheera immediately understood the past of the polar-white female he now walked with by instinct and relation.

He nodded in acknowledgement after she affirmed that there was truly nothing more to the story she'd let him in on. She’d left to spare her skin, albeit with some lingering though probably minor self-reproach. The monolithic black male would have spared a lot more than skin had things come to that with Sabor, but it had never been in the name of honour. We are what we are, i.e. wild, brutish beasts. Honour doesn't care and neither should you, was his darkly brusque response, though he added with a flicker of wily grin that flashed in his eyes: Your sister might’ve sat on you. Just think of the sheer humiliation.
Messages In This Thread
Summer dress - by Jinx - April 03, 2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 04, 2014, 09:18 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 05, 2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 07, 2014, 11:46 AM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 07, 2014, 01:42 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 07, 2014, 09:29 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 08, 2014, 08:59 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 09, 2014, 12:41 AM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 09, 2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 16, 2014, 02:12 AM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 16, 2014, 03:42 PM