Larksong Grotto what are we made of but hunger and rage?
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
"Right then," he mumbled in return. In truth, the rejection of Reek's pleasantries was no skin off his back. With the caches around his territory being so new, so sparse, there was little to spare for outsiders. Their resources were ultimately thier own, and while the resident alpha male would have made well on his offer, it's rejection washed over Reek in a wave of relief. He sighed before finally cutting to the chase.

"As you can see, my wolves and I have settled close to my old claim." Any assertion otherwise would have been an insult to Thuringwethil's intelligence. Reek believed her a competent leader herself, and that she would be able to understand the danger lurking in the implications of settling within howling range of the Maplewood. "I have my reasons, of course," he continued; number one being his unborn children. The due date was creeping ever closer with every passing day and Reek was in constant wait for the call signaling their arrival. Despite his mistakes, he would never abandon his children.

"But— I can't help but worry about the longevity and safety of the wolves I lead." Of course, Reek didn't expect recourse from the Maplewood until after his children were born and Saena was back on her feet. After, he figured his vengeful ex-mate would strike at his wolves just as they had done to the Emberwood. He knew Thuringwethil would understand, as all leaders wanted nothing more than to ensure the safety of those they led. Reek stepped forward, extending a vague offer with; "I was hoping we could come to some sort of arrangement in our, uh, mutual benefit."
Messages In This Thread
what are we made of but hunger and rage? - by Antumbra - March 24, 2016, 06:51 PM
RE: what are we made of but hunger and rage? - by Reek - March 24, 2016, 08:30 PM
RE: what are we made of but hunger and rage? - by Reek - March 26, 2016, 08:28 PM
RE: what are we made of but hunger and rage? - by Reek - March 27, 2016, 12:26 PM
RE: what are we made of but hunger and rage? - by Reek - March 31, 2016, 10:45 AM
RE: what are we made of but hunger and rage? - by Reek - March 31, 2016, 11:38 PM
RE: what are we made of but hunger and rage? - by Reek - April 01, 2016, 10:50 AM
RE: what are we made of but hunger and rage? - by Reek - April 02, 2016, 03:15 PM