Phoenix Maplewood Peace for a While Longer
She Made Broken Look Beautiful & Strong Look Invincible. She Walked With The Universe On Her Shoulders & Made It Look Like A Pair Of Wings.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace watched as he put his leg over her, but didn't flinch. After all he'd done for her so far, surely he was safe to be around. When he asked about her past, however, THAT got her trembling slightly in her pelt. She would tell him, of course, when she got her voice back. Right now it was a stuttery mess as she attempted to say something, ANYTHING.... But she eventually stops and closes her eyes to settle for a moment before opening them again. She spoke softly, the tremble of her body shaking her voice just as much.
       "W-Well my mother, my birth mother, was alright. She cared for me like most others would, kept me safe. She was numb, though, repressed. But my father.... He turned my litter of all brothers into men like him. Cruel, abusive, and disrespectful to women; we were good for breeding SONS.... And I was the ONLY female of the litter."
When shee got to this point, her body language shifted from fear to anger. She spat her words, though she still shook and pressed closer to Esaro.
            "They beat on me. I was their training target, their play toy. Every day, new scars would be added to my collection. I was fed enough to survive. Coddling and affection was unacceptable, and if it were towards a female then my father would not hesitate to attack with the intent to slaughter. My mother was lucky. Her looks had captured his interest, the only reason he took her as a mate other than the fact she was submissive. She wasnt abused in the same way, unless she spoke out of turn. She didnt, maybe from the instinct to survive, but I know it killed her to watch litter after litter end up the same. The males abusive and the females, if they survived, mindless slaves or breeding bitch. I wasn't lucky enough to simply be ignored, though almost always pregnant... The only reason I was able to learn to even hunt was because, on hunts, I was to jump in if there were a problem and take the damage for my brothers or father. Until meeting Spring and Laika, I'd never even hunted anything bigger than a fawn. I often caught little things for my mother and I when nobody was around to give us extra energy." 
At this point, she was doing all she could not to cry, even through her bitter words and the bile that rose to her throat in speaking of her past.
                      "O-One day, I guess Hope, my mother, just snapped. I wasn't close to her, so I couldnt begin to think what was going through her mind.... But when my brothers were PLAYING with me one day, all of them surrounding me and pushing me between them.... Perhaps my cries finally broke through the numbness. She lunged at the closest one, coming into the circle and standing above me.... They were on her in moments, from the order at my father. He didnt watch and I think I really saw him cry, but he'd ordered them after me the next moment. I'd never run so fucking fast in my LIFE, and it will forever be the fastest..... They caught up to me, ripped into me without mercy. Only ONE brother didn't harm me, and never really had, Kirin.... He usually gummed at me, never really doing damage but unable to speak out against it without forfeiting his own life. The others literally tried ripping me apart, if you couldnt tell..... Kirin led them away, saying I was 'as good as dead', hoping I would make it. And I wouldn't have, if not for Nova wandering literally over me. She tripped over my body, near death, and dragged me to the closest safe spot she could. She healed me, taught me the basics about healing, taught me how to cope with my leg, told me about the life of a pack... And sent me here, with promises to join me. I took her last name and went on my way, and came right to Phoenix Maplewood."
She finished and immediately broke down, sobbing hysterically into the soft fur of his chest. Lucky they had started cuddling before the story, for his warmth and support was enough to let her finish the story.
                                   "Now I'm ugly and scarred, both mentally and physically, but I suppose I should just be glad for the soul in my body."
Messages In This Thread
Peace for a While Longer - by Esaro - April 11, 2016, 09:31 AM
RE: Peace for a While Longer - by Grace - April 11, 2016, 03:59 PM
RE: Peace for a While Longer - by Esaro - April 11, 2016, 04:28 PM
RE: Peace for a While Longer - by Grace - April 11, 2016, 06:12 PM
RE: Peace for a While Longer - by Esaro - April 13, 2016, 02:44 AM
RE: Peace for a While Longer - by Grace - April 13, 2016, 06:53 AM
RE: Peace for a While Longer - by Esaro - April 13, 2016, 09:27 AM
RE: Peace for a While Longer - by Grace - April 13, 2016, 01:35 PM
RE: Peace for a While Longer - by Esaro - April 13, 2016, 03:11 PM
RE: Peace for a While Longer - by Grace - April 13, 2016, 08:58 PM
RE: Peace for a While Longer - by Esaro - April 14, 2016, 03:33 AM