Sleeping Dragon but stars burn out, my dear, and everything golden dies
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The first bit of shuffling outside the cave, Thuringwethil growls a warning. Low, quiet, but it catches in her throat when she realizes who is on the other side by her voice. She glances up from her resting spot, shifting sternal to watch the smaller wolf step into her cave with a kill. She hadn’t noticed the kills outside her den so when Wildfire drops the kill in front of her, her eyes widen in surprise.

“Hey,” she says quietly, taking a long breath to make sure there is no one else following behind the younger girl. She’d found comfort in Wildfire’s presence but it had been outside Drageda, outside her own rule, and she isn’t sure she should let herself relax within her own borders. War ranges around the corner with the sun coming in a matter of hours. The weight of her decisions rest on her now and she stiffens, shuffling her feet up so she is at least sitting up right. 

Thuringwethil stares at the kill for a moment, lowering her nose to sniff at before she tears at it. Her stomach rumbles for hunger, even if she doesn’t quite feel up to it. 

“I know this is not what you want,” she says, swallowing a bite and picking at it a little more. With it settling into her stomach, she realizes the full extent of her need, and takes a few more bites. “I know it puts us against your sister, but I cannot wait for her to bring the battle to us,” she explains, though it is the same thing she said at the meeting. She’d stand by it, instead of waiting for an attack they might not see coming.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
RE: but stars burn out, my dear, and everything golden dies - by Antumbra - April 18, 2016, 05:14 PM