Hushed Willows Ornithomancy
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
They all arrived individually and with individual concerns. Warbone was silent, regarding everyone with a gaze that urged quiet until the rest arrived. He moved only marginally barely at all, until Octavia became disturbed, and the wolf was set immediately on edge. Flora, who had been mysteriously scarce recently, sought a position that had not been offered and wasn't to be given by the mother-to-be.

From her opposite side, Warbone finally moved more than he had since his howl, and he bared his teeth at Flora over Octavia's head as she pressed in statement to his side. The movement and posturing was not lost on him, as it wouldn't with the others, and Warbone felt a primal instinct to project his support behind her notion. He would speak with her later about her intolerance— Flora was strange, but talented, and useful if nothing else— but now was not the time to defend his subordinate. Rational or not, pregnant or not, he would back her, and it was in that instance he realized, that in a pinch, he would concede to Octavia's will and he would protect her stead as viciously as he would his own. It meant there was only one place for her.

His head swung back to face his wolves, just as Teagan's arrival finalized their group, and the classically blase statement that accompanied him loosened the dangerous tightening inside Warbone's chest. His face didn't change, though he looked at Teagan for a long moment before taking a breath and turning his eyes onto the rest of them. "I have never seen this plague before myself, but I have heard it is like fire. There will be nothing green left in our territory come the following days. There likely will not be any green left anywhere in these lands, I fear..." He paused, letting the magnitude of the situation settle on his pack before resuming.

"If we expect to survive this, we must be smart, and we must work fast. We will house ourselves in The Crook until the insects pass. It is as protected as we are going to get in this territory, and there is no need for any of us to be out here. Grace," he looked to the brown yearling. "if what Trick says is true, then I thank you for your forethought. You and Trick travel north towards the ravine, collect, protect, and store what useful herbs you can before they are all gone— we may need them. Nova Rose, Flora, get to as many of our caches as you can. Bring everything back to The Crook. Do not leave behind a single hair nor feather. There is no telling how long we may be without any fresh kill."

He made a face, but pressed on, his strict expression resuming. "Kunik, you too fly north. Try to catch as much small prey as you can. Take advantage of their confusion and hiding, and bring back as much fresh food as you can. Teagan, same task, just see if you can manage something larger. If you happen upon a slow-moving herd, come back for me and Flora," he finished, looking the foxwolf square in the face.

Warbone looked at Octavia finally, and he seemed to hesitate, before swinging his stern face confidently back towards his pack. "Before everyone goes, I must announce I decision I just made several minutes ago. Octavia is your alpha female. I trust you all honor my opinion, at this time, but if there is a problem, address it later when our lives are not at stake." Leaving little room to argue, even from Octavia herself, he nudged the she-wolf in the direction of the Crook. "You all have your tasks."

Everyone can just assume their character attempted or accomplished their given tasks, if you did not want to RP it :) You are all also welcome to post once more, but it is unnecessary -- I'll close this thread in a couple days or less.
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
Messages In This Thread
Ornithomancy - by Warbone - April 28, 2016, 05:31 PM
RE: Ornithomancy - by Nova Rose - April 28, 2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Ornithomancy - by Grace - April 28, 2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Ornithomancy - by Flora - April 28, 2016, 09:21 PM
RE: Ornithomancy - by Kunik - April 29, 2016, 10:36 AM
RE: Ornithomancy - by RIP Tavi - April 29, 2016, 02:13 PM
RE: Ornithomancy - by Trick - April 29, 2016, 02:29 PM
RE: Ornithomancy - by Teagan - April 29, 2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Ornithomancy - by Warbone - April 30, 2016, 04:06 PM