Larksong Grotto Come Meet Your Match, If You Dare.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Well that was unexpected Aspen thought after the words that Charley next spoke surprised her. He asked the question without even her asking it first. He had asked if she had wanted to talk about it explaining it was a little young to be leaving home. He had noticeably picked up on the change in her mood. However brief. He had a look of worry in his gaze, he was concerned for her. Oddly she found herself wanting to share with someone her secrets. Maybe then they would burden her less, she just never found the right wolf to tell. 

Something about Charley's personality made her feel like it would be okay to talk to him. That he wasn't going to betray her like the rest of the wolves she knew. Even Luna someone she had taken a liking too had now left the grotto. Charley didn't seem like he was a "most wolves" kinda guy. Something made him special.

Before she even had a chance to speak though he told a bit of his own story, perhaps as a if i tell you this will you tell me that kind of deal. He explained that his mother hadn't exactly been loyal to his father and eventually his father ended up getting killed by one of the mothers other partners. Aspen gave charley a rather sympathetic glance. He didn't have to tell her any of that and yet he did. She got the feeling that wasn't something he did with just any wolf. LIke herself.  Now she felt she owed him to tell him why she had "left" home.

"You," she paused. "You didn't have to do that you know, but I really do appreciate your trust in me and I promise whatever you tell me. Stays between us. I hope that you would do the same for me?" she stated giving him a gentle nudge and a reassuring smile that everything would be okay now. She couldn't promise him, but she had hope. 

She took a deep breathe before speaking. "When I was born, I was born into the wrong family," she said. Or so she liked to believe. "My parents, and even my own siblings treated me as some sort of outcast. I got beat up a lot by my brothers and I was left to fend for myself most of the time. Then one night when I was about 6 months old, they just kind of up and left. All of them. Just gone. It rained overnight as well so it was impossible to trace them, not that I even wanted too," she trailed off glancing down at her paws.

"I was taken in by some other wolves but they treated me no better and at 8 months they told me I had to leave and find my own way. And here I am," she stated with a sigh. She felt like a large weight had been lifted off her chest, now at least she had shared her story with at least one other wolf. Now she didn't have to live with the complete weight of that story on her chest all the time. It felt good but she just hoped it wouldn't backfire on her someday. 

Long post. Hope you don't mind.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
Messages In This Thread
Come Meet Your Match, If You Dare. - by Alder - May 01, 2016, 08:25 AM
RE: Come Meet Your Match, If You Dare. - by Aspen - May 01, 2016, 09:01 AM
RE: Come Meet Your Match, If You Dare. - by Alder - May 01, 2016, 04:01 PM
RE: Come Meet Your Match, If You Dare. - by Aspen - May 01, 2016, 04:36 PM
RE: Come Meet Your Match, If You Dare. - by Alder - May 01, 2016, 05:00 PM
RE: Come Meet Your Match, If You Dare. - by Aspen - May 01, 2016, 05:14 PM
RE: Come Meet Your Match, If You Dare. - by Alder - May 02, 2016, 06:33 AM
RE: Come Meet Your Match, If You Dare. - by Aspen - May 02, 2016, 03:18 PM
RE: Come Meet Your Match, If You Dare. - by Alder - May 02, 2016, 06:06 PM
RE: Come Meet Your Match, If You Dare. - by Aspen - May 02, 2016, 06:49 PM
RE: Come Meet Your Match, If You Dare. - by Alder - May 03, 2016, 05:56 AM