Emberwood someone say a hail mary for this house
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
Warbone had watched for some time, and waited for some time longer. His initial intention out here had been to scout for some greenery, for some place were large herds might hide, but had turned up unsuccessful in that endeavor. His hunting skills, however, were not put to waste, as he actively tracked a small band of wolves on his return route to the Keep. They had more children than they had decent adult bodies, and it was the former subject that twisted in the softening wolf's chest and made him seek for a chance to approach them without harm.

He left them at some point, seeking a stream to sate his thirst. Some lucky turn of events drew the primed hunter there at the exact same time as an unfortunate beaver, and he successfully dispatched it before returning to the area he knew the family had traveled through. He swallowed a bite of the kill, but left the rest of it intact as he tracked for the time being.

It was a while more, and he kept quite a distance, but soon he saw the two fittest of the group veering away, a single child clinging to its mother's skirts. Something happened to him then, and he remembered when they separated him from his mother, and how he had cried and screamed and clung to her feet with his teeth, begging to not become a warrior. "I don't wanna be a Warbone, MaMa! No, don't go, I wanna be with you! Don't go!" It was a year before he saw her again, but his emotions for her were different after that. It was the last time he'd been a boy.

The copper wolf trotted a wide half-circle after a while, and then made a slow approach from an angle where he would only be noticed by the partitioned male and female right away. Aware of his largeness, and the presence of children, he kept his muscles numb and came to stand as lankly as possible some yards before them, carrying the bitten beaver. He kept the distance, to further perpetuate his singularity and lack of intent, and he dropped the carcass at his feet. "I come offering peace, not problems," he called, and then he nodded towards the beaver. "For your children." He daren't make assumptions about their predicament, though he had watched them move for a day now and they all looked like they hadn't slept decently in days before his finding them. "Is your destination near?" he pried; a means to an end.
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
Messages In This Thread
someone say a hail mary for this house - by Mordecai - May 03, 2016, 12:49 PM
RE: someone say a hail mary for this house - by Warbone - May 10, 2016, 02:21 PM