Bramblepoint under pregnant skies she comes alive like miss leviathan
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine quirked a brow at his companion's murmured response. "Beasts?" he echoed, laughing quietly. "Hopefully the edible variety..." he mused. There were only a few species that concerned him—bears, mountain lions and fellow wolves—but he already dealt with them here, so he wasn't deterred. "I will," he added with a brief but decisive nod.

He thought of inviting Lasher to come with him but dismissed it out of hand; it was a stupid and impulsive idea. No, he would make this trip solo, let the others conserve their energy while he alone sought brighter horizons. Maybe he would find more food out there, even if the land was just as overwrought, simply due to the lack of local competition. Now there was a thought that got his blood flowing.

"I wish I could stay with you a while longer," Peregrine said after a few more beats of silence, "but there's no time to waste..." Even as the words slipped from his mouth, he realized how they sounded and frowned apologetically, hoping Lasher understood he meant no offense.