Silvertip Mountain What you perceive to be the truth and what is real
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Phocion had also heard the howl, and his ears pricked in happiness. Pups! He wagged his tail in joy, and smiled, despite the pelican lodged in his jaws. He was just about to the den, the bird's feet dragging on the ground as the white wolf became more weary, and heaved a sigh of relief as he reached the place. The relief dissipated as he saw Niita had gotten there first; he harbored no dislike for the she-wolf, but the earlier interaction between her and Steady had left him disgruntled. Nevertheless, Zaria and the pups needed to eat.

With a small, perfunctory nod toward Niita, he set the pelican down on the ground, then noticed the wriggly pup hovering near the mouth of the den. Phocion smiled warmly at her, pointing his nose at the pelican at his feet. "Hello, there," he greeted softly, his voice pitched in a friendly tone. "My name is Phocion. I've brought some food for you pups and your mother, as has my friend Niita," he introduced the white female beside him. "Feel free to come dig in." He had no idea whether the pups had moved on to solid foods or not, yet, but they would cross that bridge when they came to it.

Posted at the same time (but a little after) as Zaria, editing to reflect!

Before the pup had a chance to respond, Zaria emerged from the den, teeth bared at Niita. Evidently, she had not received the message that the new Silvertip wolves had been cleared to come this close. He took an infinitesimal step forward and lowered his head respectfully to the alpha female, keeping his eyes on the ground. "Greetings, Zaria," he said. "We mean you and your pups no harm. Steady has allowed us to come this close; I can assure you we wouldn't have done so without permission."
Messages In This Thread
RE: What you perceive to be the truth and what is real - by Phocion - June 04, 2016, 02:02 PM