Blackfeather Woods I got a new van, holy moly
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
While his own expression was anything but welcoming, the female didn't seem to flinch, choosing to remain calm instead. Had she been any other, perhaps he would have complimented her for how well-mannered her actions were, but his mind could not get past the swelling of her sides. He could not look past the evidence of Burke's betrayal, and so he could not accept the scarred woman. Rather, he could show towards her only hostility, even when the chivalrous portion of his nature tried to suggest otherwise. She was not welcomed there—not in Blackfeather, and especially not in the grove. The land did not belong to her nor the children she carried, and he would ensure that such facts were made known in due time. The only thing keeping him from acting out were the children growing within her womb, for as much as he despised the woman, he could not bring himself to physically lash out against a pregnant female. Thus, he'd kept enough of distance between them so that he'd not be tempted to do so, but remained near enough to show who was in control of the situation.

As the woman spoke, he remained silent, staring her down but hardly listening. It was only when she'd started to move had his attention been acquired, fiery gaze drifting after her retreating form. Before she could speak out again, however, he'd turned away and glanced over the grove as if to ensure it remained intact, that the intruder had not harmed it in any way that might cause alarm. Once satisfied, he'd turned back and departed from the grove, but made sure to linger, still, between it and the stranger. A question was asked, which he'd ignored for approximately five minutes, as he'd not felt inclined to offer her any answers. Yet, soon after he'd found himself speaking, but not in response to her query.

"You will stay away from the grove," he'd informed her. "You will not step foot in it or even look at it. Your being here is not sanctioned, so don't act as if you can trample through the entirety of these woods." Never would it be her home, never would she be accepted. No matter Burke's word, Kove would not listen, for no longer was the grey man his leader. When one looked at the world with the vision of the pallid male, it was not Burke that held the crown, but the spiderlings. He looked past her face, then, and to her sides. For a moment, he'd seemed to examine her increasing mass, before meeting her eyes directly once again. "Your children will not live," he'd said rather bluntly, almost as if the words were nothing more than a casual statement. "Those that survive birth will be taken by a qalupalik, and you will be unable to do anything to prevent it." Or, perhaps, they'd be kidnapped by someone near to her—who could know for sure?
Messages In This Thread
I got a new van, holy moly - by Malice - May 20, 2016, 04:49 PM
RE: I got a new van, holy moly - by Kove - May 27, 2016, 03:11 AM
RE: I got a new van, holy moly - by Malice - May 27, 2016, 04:27 PM
RE: I got a new van, holy moly - by Kove - June 05, 2016, 02:54 AM
RE: I got a new van, holy moly - by Malice - June 05, 2016, 04:00 AM
RE: I got a new van, holy moly - by Kove - July 29, 2016, 12:32 AM