Two Rivers Isle Chopping down with hatchets
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena's attention zipped rapidly from an agreeing Laika to the river when a splash sounded, but the fish's tail disappeared in the very center of the current, too far out for the wolf to hope to get it. She was unable to stop the hitch in her heart nor the sudden strides she took toward the bank, but the fish were too wary to come close to shore. They'd been over-hunted in the wake of the locust plague, and even fish had brains that told them to avoid danger when they could.

"Damn," muttered Saena just in time for Laika to ask when she should leave. She seated herself beside the running water in the futile hope that a fish would re-appear, and then addressed her subordinate: "I'll be leaving soon, but we can take some time." There was no better opportunity to get to know the gamma.

"Did you know I was born just over the mountains there?" She gestured over her shoulder to where she knew there to be a monstrous mountain range, surely much too treacherous to cross. "On a little plateau overlooking a river, not unlike this one. That's where I grew up." Memories of the plateau were always sweeter in retrospect, but there had been a lot of things about that pack and family that were dysfunctional. Saena's imagined memories often painted them in an even darker light. "Where are you from, if you don't mind my asking?"
Messages In This Thread
Chopping down with hatchets - by Saēna - May 29, 2016, 01:06 PM
RE: Chopping down with hatchets - by Laika - May 29, 2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Chopping down with hatchets - by Saēna - June 03, 2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Chopping down with hatchets - by Laika - June 03, 2016, 10:17 PM
RE: Chopping down with hatchets - by Saēna - June 05, 2016, 12:40 PM
RE: Chopping down with hatchets - by Laika - June 05, 2016, 09:32 PM
RE: Chopping down with hatchets - by Saēna - June 08, 2016, 08:14 PM
RE: Chopping down with hatchets - by Laika - June 10, 2016, 10:18 AM