Stavanger Bay you can call me monster
devil worshipper with a heart of gold
304 Posts
Ooc — KJ
[Image: USciddf.png][Image: ILetSpT.png][table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
Despite the bravado that currently dominated his manner of thinking, there was a part of Szymon that feared he would never see Skellige again. Szymon wasn’t selfish; there were few things he needed in this world. Above sleep, sustenance, and even the sea was the eldest Cairn, held on a pedestal Szymon was happy to coil around the base of. Though Szymon was equipped to survive without his brother, it would be lying to say that he wanted to. Dipping his scarred muzzle, he nosed at the partially excavated shell of a crustacean, serpentine tongue darting forth to lick it clean. He wasn’t particularly hungry, but he was alone and food was present — Szymon ate when he could whether his stomach grumbled or not. For amusement’s sake, he crunched the shell between his jaws, relishing the splintering sound that followed.

Find Skellige.

Chiding himself for wasting precious time, Szymon picked up his pace, looking for anything that might tell the story of where his brother had gone — inky fur snagged on a driftwood log, prints, carcasses licked clean that bore the Cairn eldest’s scent. Yet the sea was a mischievous, selfish thing — surely at this point the high tide would have swept most hints away. Closing his eyes, Szymon hung his head, upwind and facing the opposite direction from the brother he so ardently sought — completely unaware that his painfully fruitless mission was about to come to a very fruitful end.

The sound of churned sand and the muted splash of water bade Szymon turn around, his body immediately curving into a defensive crouch — but the wolf who ran toward him was unmistakable. Scarcely daring to believe that it was his brother who careened toward him with violent zeal, Szymon remained where he stood — struck dumb by the joy that radiated in hot waves through every particle of muscle and flesh. He hadn’t found Skellige — but, oh! Skellige had found Szymon instead. The youngest Cairn’s eyes immediately flicked to the pallid markings that reflected his own, and an elation almost carnal in sensation swept through him in a dizzying, delirious way. Pushing forward, his body moving of its own accord, Szymon slipped his head lower still, cautiously pushing the crown of his head beneath Skellige’s powerful jaws. His habitually twitching tail snaked behind him in long, frenetic sweeps as low, ecstatic, near hysterical whines bubbled from his quivering jaws and he butted his head skyward, bumping Skellige’s jaw to a higher elevation. Chin up, buttercup.

Szymon was a wolf of few words, but it seemed that just this once, the gods of verbal communication would let him have his say — unsullied and perfect, the way he’d always wanted to speak: “Skellige,” he rumbled in his deep, seldom heard timbre, and all the devotion in the world gilded that three-syllable moniker in gold. A long, trembling breath was drawn slowly between the ghostly wolf’s clenched teeth and spilled in a rare sigh of true contentment. Despite being opposites in nearly every way — perhaps because of it — Skellige completed Szymon.

Everything would be okay, now.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
you can call me monster - by Szymon - June 22, 2016, 04:22 AM
RE: you can call me monster - by Skellige - June 22, 2016, 02:28 PM
RE: you can call me monster - by Szymon - June 22, 2016, 03:13 PM
RE: you can call me monster - by Skellige - June 22, 2016, 04:07 PM
RE: you can call me monster - by Szymon - June 22, 2016, 05:33 PM
RE: you can call me monster - by Skellige - July 06, 2016, 03:57 AM
RE: you can call me monster - by Szymon - July 06, 2016, 11:21 PM
RE: you can call me monster - by Skellige - July 07, 2016, 02:28 AM
RE: you can call me monster - by Szymon - July 12, 2016, 05:14 AM