Cassiopeia's View Oh, Could It Be I Got My Wish?
219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Pyx knew Akazia's situation was not so easy to solve as her own. Taking in a young wolf was a big consideration, though it was one that could prove to be very worthwhile. Wherever Akazia and her daughter went, Pyx hoped the wolves might be kind to them and willing to take in both of them. A young wolf might be a large responsibility, especially following a famine, but in the end two loyal pack members were gained. Pyx nodded and shook her head at the mother. "Kindness should not be as rare as it is now, I'm glad to have met you but sorry to be so different from the others. The world needs more kindness, it's clear to see." She knew that there would never be peace among all the wolves, it was a fool's venture or a pup's dream to hope for such. Still, she could hope the number of good wolves outweighed the bad. She returned Akazia's smile, glad to have restored some of their faith in others and these lands.

Pyx hadn't taken offense to the small one's comments, but she hoped that by gently reminding her that all wolves were different she might imprint the memory for her later. The small sad eyes nearly broke Pyx's heart and she offered the little one a gentle smile in return. "I understand, Jaida. I'm not mad and that is a good thing to want, for any wolf you care about. Being afraid can sometimes...stick with you, though. It can make it hard to think right if you let it take your smiles." She hoped she was explaining this well enough, but she felt the point was getting across decently enough. All the kind talks in the world wouldn't take away the harm that had already been done, however. "I'm glad to hear it Miss Jaida. You'll never know what size or color your friends might come in, until they are there." A soft chuckle escaped Pyx at Jaida's bashful and cute display. "I'm glad to hear that, as well."

Pyx glanced back out to the vista, watching as the sun rose ever-higher. She'd been here for some time. Perhaps it was time she head back. She was sad to leave the pair she had met, but worried that staying gone too long might be seen as a sign of abandonment. "Well, while it was wonderful to have met both you ladies, and I appreciate the advice you gave...I fear I must be off. My pack might grow to miss me before long, and in any case you two need your rest. I'm sure the sunset from up here will be glorious, a perfect moment for mother and daughter to share alone. Take care, Akazia. And you too, Miss Jaida." She bent her head to look at the small female, grinning.

She dipped her head to Akazia, and then moved back to the path to exit the flat area. She kept a polite distance from the two, knowing that despite the conversation they may still be wary. As she reached the head of the trail she turned to glance back at them once more. "Travel safe, the pair of you. And may our paths one day cross again."
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

Messages In This Thread
Oh, Could It Be I Got My Wish? - by Pyx - June 24, 2016, 10:18 PM
RE: Oh, Could It Be I Got My Wish? - by Akazia - June 25, 2016, 07:29 PM
RE: Oh, Could It Be I Got My Wish? - by Jaida - June 25, 2016, 07:35 PM
RE: Oh, Could It Be I Got My Wish? - by Pyx - June 25, 2016, 10:41 PM
RE: Oh, Could It Be I Got My Wish? - by Akazia - June 25, 2016, 10:51 PM
RE: Oh, Could It Be I Got My Wish? - by Jaida - June 25, 2016, 10:56 PM
RE: Oh, Could It Be I Got My Wish? - by Pyx - June 25, 2016, 11:15 PM
RE: Oh, Could It Be I Got My Wish? - by Akazia - June 25, 2016, 11:27 PM