Ankyra Sound do these effectively hide my thunder?
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Kjalarr's brows furrowed as he blinked at Whittier trying to make sense of his brother's expression, realizing too late that his question might have sounded like he was bragging. That hadn't been what Kjalarr had been doing (or at least, not what he'd intended) he had simply had wanted to know if Whittier could understand what had prompted Scimitar to procreate with Bazi even after they'd split. Kjalarr knew the temptation and in this way was able to sympathize purely out of understanding. Of course, there had been massive differences. The woman Kjalarr only knew as Freyja had been a stranger not Kja's estranged ex wife and Kjalarr was not yet capable of producing children...or rather hadn't been at the time. He wasn't sure exactly when that ...changed but he'd had no reason to test it and thus was not an unexpected father.

“Whit,” Kjalarr called softly after his brother when Whittier mumbled about continuing their patrol. “I wasn't bragging. I was just...I was communicating that I kind of understood. I mean there are monumental differences, of course, and I'm not saying it was right of Dad but I...well-” Now Kjalarr was starting to feel awkward and wishing that he'd never said anything. “If it makes you feel any better she didn't seem very pleased after it.” Given Kjalarr's inexperience with it, it made sense. Kjalarr let out an awkward, embarrassed laugh. He just liked to pretend he was good at everything but the truth was that he wasn't any sort of male love god or anything. He had just been a regular, over eager teenage boy back then. Kjalarr snickered at himself, ducking his head low for a moment as he moved to bump his shoulder against Whittier's providing his brother let him. “It's no wonder she never sought me out after it.” Kjalarr shrugged buoyantly, hoping his failure might ease some of Whittier's feelings.

Whether Kjalarr's efforts were successful or not he didn't know but he'd needed to try, at least; but his brother's silence continued and eventually Kjalarr ceased trying to breach it, instead finishing off the patrol in silence.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
do these effectively hide my thunder? - by Whittier - May 27, 2016, 06:04 PM
RE: do these effectively hide my thunder? - by Kjalarr - June 05, 2016, 06:56 AM
RE: do these effectively hide my thunder? - by Kjalarr - June 11, 2016, 05:07 AM
RE: do these effectively hide my thunder? - by Kjalarr - June 16, 2016, 02:13 PM
RE: do these effectively hide my thunder? - by Kjalarr - July 17, 2016, 05:54 AM