Redhawk Caldera All my friends are heathens, take it slow
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He heard a growl and Peregrine positioned himself to intervene if necessary, though he would let things play out until then, allow the boys to figure it out among themselves. Ferret, of course, didn't take well to the noise and immediately began posturing, masked head held high and tail stiff as he attempted to prove his superiority. Gannet looked on with slightly squinted eyes, as if torn between backing up his brother and further investigating this curious newcomer. Actually, he was looking at (ex) Stoic as if he recognized him from somewhere but couldn't place him...

Before Peregrine could contemplate what that meant—that Gannet, perhaps, mistook the new puppy to be some strange reincarnation of Peter—and subsequently clear up any confusion, Fox appeared. With an almost audible gulp, Peregrine glanced at his newest recruit, then nosed the two Firebirds away from him and motioned for (ex) Stoic to take a few steps closer to Fox so he could begin making introductions (and maybe excuses).

"He's one of Duty's," Peregrine began, "but apparently both he and his mate have passed away. I found this lil' dude wandering by himself in Bramblepoint. It wouldn't have felt right to leave him there, so I told him I'd bring him here and make a hunter and warrior out of him. Supposing," he continued, peering at his young charge for a moment before meeting his mate's gray gaze, "that's okay with you too. And, uh, he would like for us to come up with a new name for him to signify, ah, his fresh start here."
Messages In This Thread
RE: All my friends are heathens, take it slow - by Peregrine Redhawk - July 19, 2016, 01:10 PM